NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 - Work, Energy and Power
The important topics of work, energy, and power are explored in detail in the chapter. The chapter begins by teaching us about the scalar product of two vectors. Next, we study the notions of work and kinetic energy and the work-energy theorem. The chapter tells us about work and its real-life implications. We also study kinetic energy and the formulae associated with it. The chapter goes on to explain the concept of potential energy.
We also read about mechanical energy and the conservation of mechanical energy. We also study the potential energy of a spring. The chapter concludes by telling us about the various forms of energy and various collisions.
- The scalar product gives us a scalar from two vectors.
- The work-energy theorem related to kinetic energy has been explained in detail in this chapter with numerous questions and solutions.
- The product of the direction and magnitude of displacement is called work.
- In particular, we focus on the work done by a variable force and the work-energy theorem for a variable force.
- Kinetic energy, which is a scalar quantity, has been explained in the chapter through numerical and derivations.
- We are also introduced to potential energy in this chapter.
- Potential energy is basically the stored energy in a body.
- The chapter explains the conservation of mechanical energy and the equations to do so.
- Various diagrams and calculations also help in determining the potential energy in the spring.
- We also learn about conservative forces in relation to a spring.
- The chapter then talks about the law of conservation of energy and its various forms.
- These forms include – heat, chemical energy, electrical energy, nuclear energy, etc.
- The ratio of work and time is termed as power.
- The chapter concludes by telling us about the collisions of two masses and its forms.
- Collisions can be elastic or inelastic.
- They can also be in one dimension or two dimensions.