NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 3 - Motion as a Straight Line
In this chapter, we study the motion and the different kinds of motion. We will read about concepts like path lengths and displacement. We will also learn about velocity and speed and the various numerical associated with them.
The chapter also talks about acceleration and how it's connected to speed and velocity. We then move on to kinematic equations and uniformly accelerated motion. We also read about relative velocity and its derivations in this chapter.
- If an object changes position with time, it is said to be in motion.
- The path to the right of the origin is taken as positive and to the left is taken as negative when motion is in a straight line.
- We read about the path of motion and displacement in this chapter.
- We also read about the magnitude of the displacement.
- The chapter contains various graphs and formulae to explain the displacement of motion.
- We will study different kinds of motion, like rectilinear and uniform motions.
- Displacement divided by time intervals is known as average velocity.
- Total path length travelled in the total given time interval is known as average speed.
- The chapter explains the relationship between velocity and speed.
- We will also solve numerical problems based on these concepts.
- The chapter contains various in-text examples and questions of the students to solve.
- The chapter also focuses on instantaneous velocity and speed and their derivations through numerical.
- These numerical are also explained in the form of graphs.
- We then move on to study acceleration and its derivatives.
- We will also solve problems based on kinematic equations based on uniformly accelerated motion.
- The chapter provides two methods to solve these equations for students to choose as per their convenience.
- The chapter concludes by giving a brief about relative velocity and its formulae.