NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science Economics Chapter 1 - The Story of Village Palampur
Class 9 Economics Chapter 1: The first chapter of Economics begins with an interesting story of a fictional village known as Palampur, where the production, transport, electricity, roadways, irrigation, healthcare, and education are present. Then the topic of production is explained by stating the essential elements required to start production
Modern farming methods that are used to increase agricultural produce are states with examples. The capital needed to purchase seeds for farming and how labourers are hired is described. The chapter further explains the non-farming activities such as dairy production and its demand. The chapter ends by stating how facilities are arranged in the village by people, leading to an increase in income.
- The chapter talks about a village Palampur that has been created to help students imagine the story and its concepts.
- Farmers require capital to purchase tools, seeds, and fertilizers for the crops to grow. Also, labour is needed to increase the production from the fields, which again requires capital.
- The chapter also puts light on the issue of poor irrigation which still exists in villages of India.
- The methodology of multiple cropping has been described in detail to produce a variety of crops in a short time on the same piece of land.
- Further, the Green revolution resulted in increasing the capacity of food grains such as rice and wheat being produced rapidly with superior quality.
- By the end of the chapter, various non-farming activities such as dairy farms, small-scale enterprises, and transport being set up by the villagers as a source of business have been mentioned.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Economics Chapter 1 The Story of Village Palampur Question and Answers - Download PDF
NCERT Related Links
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science History- Chapter-WiseDownload PDFs
NCERT Class 9 Social Science Geography Solutions- Chapter-WiseDownload PDFs
Political Science NCERT Solutions for Class 9- Chapter-WiseDownload PDFs
NCERT Class 9 Social Science Economics Solutions - Chapter-Wise Download PDFs