NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6: Combustion and Flame
In this chapter, we will read about the combustion of different fuels. We learn about the different rates of combustion in different fuels. We will also read about ways to control fire. The chapter lists out different kinds of fire extinguishers, their usage, and their effects. We will also learn about the different types of combustion. The chapter also tells us how to observe flames. We will read about the structures of a flame and its constituents. The chapter concludes by giving us a brief explanation about fuels and fuel efficiency.
- When substances react with heat to cause heat, it is called combustion.
- These combustible substances are called fuels.
- We read about ignition temperatures of different substances in this chapter.
- We also learn about inflammable substances, i.e., substances that catch fire very easily.
- We will also study the various requirements needed to start a fire.
- The chapter also illustrates different ways to control fire with the help of various substances.
- There are different types of combustion explained in the chapter.
- These include – rapid combustion, spontaneous combustion, and explosion.
- The chapter tells us about flames and how they are different from fires.
- The chapter ends by telling us about fuels and the ideal types of fuels.
- We learn about the harmful effects of burning fuels
- These effects include – breathing diseases, global warming, acid rain, and the harmful release of carbon monoxide.
- We also get to learn about fuel efficiency and why we need it.
More NCERT Solutions For Class 8
NCERT Solutions For Other Class