NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 16 Light
What makes things visible? In this chapter, we will study about light and how it functions. We will read about the laws of reflection. We will also study about the reflected light and how it affects the objects around it. We will read about the concept of multiple images. The chapter also talks about sunlight and its colour. It goes on to explain the structure of our eyes and how it receives light. The chapter then concludes by giving us a brief about the braille system.
- We see objects when our eyes receive their light.
- These light rays are called incident rays.
- The light ray, which is reflected from objects, is called the reflected ray.
- We read about the different laws of reflection in this chapter.
- We learn about concepts like the angle of incidence and the angle of reflection through experiments.
- We also learn the difference between regular reflection and irregular reflection.
- The chapter also illustrates the concept of multiple images.
- This concept can be observed in objects like a kaleidoscope
- Examples in the chapter also show how the sunlight is white and yet consists of all colours.
- We also read about the structure of our eyes.
- We read about the cornea, iris, pupil, and retina, which help us in identifying the colour of objects.
- The chapter also gives points or tips on how to take care of our eyes to maintain healthy eyesight.
- Finally, we talk about how visually impaired people can read and write.
- We learn about the Braille system, which helps blind people to read and write.
FAQ’s for CLASS 8 SCIENCE NCERT Solutions
Q. What is the Importance of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 16 Light?
A. NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 16 Light are designed as per the latest CBSE Syllabus to offer complete preparation and learning. These solutions will encourage students to attain a deep problem-solving approach through the various exercises at the back of chapters.
Q. List down the various topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 16?
A. The topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 16 are:
- What Makes Things Visible
- Multiple Images
- Reflected light can be Reflected Again
- Regular and Diffused Reflection
- Laws of Reflection
- Sunlight- White or Coloured
- What is inside our Eyes
- Care of the Eyes
- Visually challenged persons can Read and Write
- What is the Braille System?
Q. State the Laws of Reflection?
A. The laws of reflections are:
- The incident ray, the normal, and the reflected ray, all lie in the same plane.
- The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.