NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 1 - Number Systems
The first chapter of NCERT Class 9th talks about the basic number systems segregated into Whole numbers, Rational numbers, Irrational numbers and Integers. Various theorems and concepts contributed by eminent mathematicians have been explained in the chapter to describe the theorems' origin. Ways to determine the decimal expansion, the process of successive magnification has been introduced. Further, the chapter also aims to educate the students in detail about the various laws concerning rational and irrational numbers. The chapter ends with explaining the concept of square roots by solving denominator equations.
- Meaning and Representation of Sets.
- The chapter begins with a simple yet significant part of the maths subject: numbers and their systems.
- Numbers have been sub-divided into several categories: the whole numbers, natural numbers, rational and irrational numbers.
- The chapter shows activities through which the number of systems can be easily understood one after the other.
- Examples have been given in the chapter to explain the equivalent rational numbers.
- By using true and false statements, the meaning of integers has been clearly stated.
- The theorems are often hard to remember, so the chapter mentions the origin of theorems and mathematicians who defined them.
- Pythagoras was the first mathematician to discover that there were numbers other than rational numbers.
- In addition to Pythagoras' theorem, two German mathematicians highlighted the points in each number line.
- The method of solving decimal expansion and the terminating factors have further been explained.
- Aryabhata, the Indian mathematician, played a key role in maths by finding the value of pie.
- Examples have also been discussed in the section the square roots and cube roots.
- In the end, the chapter briefs the rationalisation of the denominator.
Download PDF For FREE
Key Features of the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 1: Number System
- At Aakash Institute, the subject experts use their excessive experience to understand students' perspective while preparing the material for NCERT solutions Class 9 Maths.
- Special emphasis has been laid to provide simple solutions and additional examples to solve the problems in the chapter and additional exercise.