NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 6 - Lines and Angles
The 6th unit of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 maths talks about the Angles and steps required to form them. Collinear and non-collinear points have been neatly presented with the help of illustrations. There are several angles, namely- right angle, obtuse angle, reflex angle and straight angle. Further, the distance between two parallel lines has also been described with the help of intersecting and non-intersecting lines.
Besides the stated angles, there are also linear and non-linear pairs of angles that have different measurements. The various parameters based on which the angles are measured and named exterior and interior are stated. The chapter ends with the formation of three angles and lines parallel to each other.
- The chapter begins with the introduction of angles and their types.
- Angles are formed when two lines intersect with each other.
- Collinear points are only possible when two or more points lie on the same line, or else they fall under the category of Non-collinear points.
- To simplify learning for students, the chapter also mentions the correct measurements for the formation of angles.
- Two lines are said to be planar only if two lines lie on the same plane.
- Two lines are considered parallel if the distance between them remains constant. These lines are supposed to intersect at infinity. An intersecting line creates new angles like corresponding angles, adjacent angles, alternate angles, and collinear angles.
- Some angles such as complementary angles, adjacent angles, supplementary angles and linear pair of angles are known as "Pair of Angles."
- 4 Axioms and 8 theorems are mentioned in the chapter, making it an important chapter in the syllabus.
Download PDF For FREE
Key Features of the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 6 : Lines and Angles
- Math can be tough if not explained properly, but at Aakash, the team prepares quick and fun learning solutions.
- The students can completely rely on the solutions for their homework, tests and exams.
- Additional information to solve the equations and geometrical problems helps the students score maximum marks without any errors.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 maths material prepares them for even a quiz and mock tests so that they can excel in exam and daily tests held at school.