NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 - Quadrilaterals
The chapter has the core concepts of Quadrilaterals, which are the figures formed by joining four points. Illustrations and examples have been provided to depict the quadrilateral shapes. Certain measurements describe the measurement of a partial quadrilateral. Certain parameters describe the difference between the shapes of quadrilaterals. Further, the chapter highlights the properties of a parallelogram with two congruent angles. A parallelogram is formed when the diagonals of quadrilaterals intersect with each other. Various shapes such as rhombus and rectangle intersect with certain points to form angles, and then the chapter ends with briefing out the line-segment and parallel line properties.
- The chapter begins with the introduction and need of quadrilateral through illustrations.
- A quadrilateral has four sides, four angles and four vertices.
- Parallelograms are formed when the opposite sides of a quadrilateral are the same.
- Further, the rectangle is formed by the bisectors of a parallelogram.
- Many of the shapes such as rhombus, square and parallelograms are interrelated with each other.
- Various conditions for a quadrilateral to be a parallelogram have been described.
- The Mid-point Theorem states that -The line segment in a triangle that joins the mid-point of two sides of a triangle is considered to be parallel to its third and half of the length of the third side.
Download PDF For FREE
Key Features of the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 : Quadrilaterals
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 maths material contains forms of quadrilateral shapes and parallelograms. The chapter contains solutions on the questions related to theorems which have been simplified in the material by illustrating images.
- Mock tests and quiz have been catered to in the material to practice the problems and score maximum marks in the exam. The solutions also prepare the students for any external assessment in the form of Olympiads and quizzes.
- The problems are divided into simple, average and tough questions in the book for the students' ease. The NCERT solutions by Aakash cater to every problem for the convenience of the students.
- The theorems have been presented in a simplified way for every student to understand quickly without any doubts.