The National Testing Agency can anytime announce the details of the JEE Main 2022 first phase to be conducted in March 2022. Amid the new strain of Covid, it will be difficult to conduct the National level exam, but as always, the NTA will set certain parameters for the JEE Main 2022 session keeping in mind all factors. One such parameter is the dress code for JEE Main 2022. As usual, the NTA will announce the Dress code for JEE Main 2022 as well. For the current year, along with all other requirements, the candidates appearing or JEE Main 2022 will be required to dress in a Covid appropriate dress, which includes wearing a mask and gloves for the entire duration of the exam.
Mentioned below are the guidelines for the dress code for the JEE Main 2022 exam hall and all the Dos and Don’ts candidates must take care of.
As of now, no particular guidelines have been announced particularly for JEE Main 2022. What is shared below is according to the guidelines prescribed in the previous year. If the NTA mentions any new additions or changes in the JEE Main 2022 Dress Code guidelines, they will be updated below:
JEE Main 2022 Dress Code for Male Candidates
The following dress code for Male candidates announced by the NTA has to be followed without a fail:
(1) Male candidates must not wear clothing items consisting of metallic items. Such clothes will create a problem in the checking process while frisking.
(2) Candidates will only be allowed to wear half sleeve and lightweight comfortable clothes. Clothes with drapes will also not be allowed.
(3) Candidates will not be allowed to wear caps/mufflers or any cloth over their heads.
(4) NTA prohibits wearing any kind of jewellery or ornaments.
(5) Fancy items like goggles, rings, bracelets etc must not be carried or worn.
(6) Candidates are required to wear simple season-appropriate clothes. Bulky Hoodies, sweatshirts, jackets, and mufflers must be avoided.
(7) Candidates are advised to wear sandals or slippers with thin soles.
JEE Main 2022 Dress Code for Female Candidates
The following dress code for Female candidates announced by the NTA has to be followed without a fail:
(1) Female candidates are advised to wear light and comfortable season-appropriate clothes. (2) Clothing items with metallic details are prohibited. For example – belts, underwired bras etc.
(3) Normal T-shirt and jeans, or top/kurta with leggings are advisable. Cotton, Khadi, and other breathable fabrics must be preferred.
(4) Wear any kind of jewellery, ornaments, goggles, rings, bracelets, etc is not allowed.
(5) Female candidates must not wear any kind of fancy clothes like stoles, scarfs, caps, watches, sunglasses, etc.
(6) Female candidates must not wear footwear with heavy soles or big heels. Wearing simple sandals or slippers is allowed.
(7) Female candidates must avoid clothes with big buttons, badges, or embroideries.
(8) No female candidate should walk in with a fancy hairstyle.
While appearing for the JEE Main 2022, candidates will not be allowed to carry some items inside the exam hall. The list of such banned items is shared below:
Diabetic candidates appearing for JEE Main 2022 will be given some relaxation to sit for the exam. Guidelines for such candidates are given below:
(1) Diabetic candidates will be allowed to carry eatables like their sugar tablets, fruits (banana, apple, orange), and a water bottle (transparent) to the exam hall.
(2) Any packaged items like chocolates, candy, sandwiches, etc cannot be carried to the JEE exam center.
Candidates must carry the following documents/things while going to the JEE Main test centers.
1. JEE Mains Admit Card
2. One passport size photograph
3. One photo ID proof – PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport or Aadhaar Card
4. Hand sanitizer
5. A transparent ball pen
6. PwD certificate issued by the Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
|JEE Main Question Paper Analysis 2022|
|JEE Main Application Form 2022|
|JEE Main Syllabus 2022|
|JEE Main Counselling 2022|
Will there be a dress code for JEE Main 2022?
The National Testing Agency will soon be releasing the notification for the first phase of JEE Main 2022. All details regarding the exam and also the dress code will be released soon. For now, we have shared above the dress code as per the previous year and the list of items that can and cannot be carried in the exam hall.
Will students be allowed to wear jeans for the JEE Main 2022 exam?
Yes. Students will be allowed to wear light coloured denim pants.
What kind of pen is provided for the JEE Main exam?
For the JEE Main exam, a transparent ballpoint pen is provided to the students. Before 2020, NTA used to provide the pens at the exam center but after 2020, due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus, NTA has permitted students to carry their own ballpoint pen to the examination center.
Can I carry a calculator for the JEE Main 2022 exam?
No. It is not allowed to carry calculators in the JEE main exam.
Talk to our expert