RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 17: Construction
"Construction" means building something. In mathematics, this chapter of construction deals with the drawings of lines, curves, shapes and angles etc. Several instruments are used while drawing the shapes, such as a protractor, pencil compass, triangles etc.
This chapter includes the drawing of basic figures such as:
- Drawing a perpendicular bisector of a straight line by bisecting a straight line into half using a pencil compass. First, we have to draw a line. Then from the extreme left point of the line, we have to draw an arc on both the sides of the straight line by taking a radius of more than half of the length of the line. Finally, from the extreme right point as well, we have to repeat the last step and cut the arcs drawn from the other. Now, if we join the cuts, the line will bisect the straight line. A ruler can easily carry out this process.
- Drawing Angular bisector by bisecting an angle into half by the use of a pencil compass. First, we have to draw an angle of any measurement. Then with the help of a pencil compass, draw an arc of any size that cuts both the angle lines. Finally, we have to draw two more arcs, cutting each other by putting the pencil compass on each of the lines which the previous arc intersected. If you draw a straight line from the new intersection of arcs to meet the angle, that line will be the bisector of the angle.
- Drawing an angular bisector in a triangle by bisecting any angle in the triangle. The bisection of the angle is done by the method given above, and the construction of a triangle is done by taking any of the given sides as base and drawing arcs of a given length from the endpoints of the base
Download PDF For FREE
Key features of Aakash Institute RD Sharma solutions for class 9th Maths Chapter 17:
- The well-qualified professionals have made the solutions of RD Sharma Class 9 maths of Aakash institute, which clears all the doubts regarding this chapter.
- The solutions of the Aakash institute have been prepared so that students of different levels of intelligence can easily understand the topic.
- The language used in the chapters by the Aakash institute is not complicated. That's why learning these chapters always becomes fun.