NEET 2O21 dress code is what the candidates who applied for the exam must be looking for now. NEET 2021 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on September 12, 2021, in pen and paper mode for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in different medical colleges across the country. The exam is just a few days away. Candidates must be following NEET 2021 last minute preparation strategies. Along with memorizing the important chapters and formulae, the students also need to keep in the important exam day instructions and guidelines suggested by NTA. Aspirants need to keep a check that they do not possess any of the barred items and need to follow the NEET 2021 dress code properly.
The National Testing Agency has specified the dress code for male and female candidates for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). It is compulsory for students to adhere to the dress code specified for boys and girls to avoid any kind of trouble.
NEET 2021 Dress Code for Male
Aspirants can check the dress code for boys below, which must be adhered to appearing for the medical entrance exam.
- Half Sleeves shirts or T-shirts are only allowed
- Light clothes without or fewer zip, pockets, big buttons, and embroidery
- Trousers, simple pants can be worn. No kurta Pyjamas are allowed
- Only sandals and chappals are allowed in the NEET Exam Hall. Shoes are prohibited
NEET 2021 Dress Code for Females
The dress code for NEET Exam for girls has been mentioned below:
- Only half-sleeved tops or clothes can be worn on exam day
- Clothes with elaborated embroidery, flowers, brooches, big buttons, and more are not allowed
- Girls with big pockets and fashionable jeans will not be permitted to take the undergraduate exam.
- NEET girl students wearing leggings are not allowed in NEET 2021
- Low heel footwear, sandals, or chappals can be worn as per the dress code of NEET
- Female NEET candidates should avoid wearing ornaments like earrings, nose rings, pendants, necklace bracelets, and anklets.
NEET Exam Day Guidelines: Instructions for Examination Hall
NTA has made it necessary for candidates to carry only the below-mentioned items inside the exam hall:
- Carry a transparent water bottle for personal use
- Carry hand Sanitizer
- Additional passport and postcard photographs, same as uploaded in the application form
- NEET 2021 admit card with the self-declaration form
- Proforma with postcard size photograph affixed on it
- PwD certificate, if applicable
It has also been informed by the authorities that candidates will be provided with masks and gloves at the examination centre.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – NEET Dress Code 2021
|Question: Floral print clothes can work on NEET Day?
Answer: No, according to the norms of the dress code of NEET, clothes with flowers, embroidery or other designs should be avoided.
|Question: Are girls allowed to wear leggings to the exam centre?
Answer: No, the female NEET test takers are only allowed to wear salwar and trousers at NEET Exam centres 2021.
|Question: Can I wear a dupatta along with my suit during NEET 2021?
Answer: There are no explicit guidelines on wearing a dupatta. However, it is best to avoid such clothing item which is not mentioned in the information brochure.
|Question: Is a tattoo allowed in NEET 2021?
Answer: No, a tattoo is strictly prohibited in the medical exam as per the NEET Dress code 2021, specified by NTA.
|Question: Is nail paint allowed on the exam date?
Answer: It is best to avoid nail paint as it can cause hassle at the time of frisking at the exam center.
|Question: I am a Sikh and I wear a turban as per my religion. Can I appear for the NEET Exam?
Answer: Yes, candidates who follow a respective religion/custom and wear customary dresses like Burkha, Turban, Kirpan, Kada, etc. However, such aspirants should report to the exam center an hour before the reporting time for verification.
|Question: Can I wear spectacles in the examination?
Answer: Yes, students who wear spectacles on a regular basis are allowed to wear them on the exam day but fashionable glasses or sunglasses will not be permitted inside the exam hall.
|Question: Can I wear a normal wristwatch on NEET 2021 exam day?
Answer: NEET 2021 dress code strictly prohibits candidates from wearing any kind of watch/ornaments at the exam centre
|Question: Can I wear formal shoes on the NEET 2021 exam day?
Answer: No, only open-toed shoes/sandals/chappals are allowed in the NEET dress code 2021.
|Question: What will happen if I don’t follow the NEET dress code 2021?
Answer: Candidates found violating the dress code of NEET 2021 will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
We wish you luck!