JEE (Main) Entrance Exam
Considering the current Covid-19 pandemic situation, HRD Minister Mr.Ramesh Pokhriyal’s tweeted about JEE Main upcoming session to be further postponed. As per the tweet, the JEE exams (main and advanced) will now be held from September 1 – 6, 2020. HRD Ministry took this important step keeping in mind the safety of students amid the global pandemic.
HRD Minister Mr.Ramesh Pokhriyal has also announced the new exam dates for JEE Main 2020. For the new the JEE Main 2020 exam schedule, candidates can get information about important dates such as JEE Main application form date, correction date, result date and result announcement.
Candidates can check the JEE Main 2020 revised exam dates, schedule and important dates under JEE Main Schedule section. JEE Main January attempt was conducted by the National Testing Agency from January 6 to 9, 2020 and results were declared on 17 and 23 January 2020.
Keep reading for more information about JEE Main Exam Dates 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Registration and Admit Card
The registrations for JEE Main 2020 have been closed. The correction window was, however, open till 15th July 2020.
- JEE Main Admit Cards can be expected to be released around 3rd week of August 2020.
- Successfully registered candidates can download JEE Main Admit Card
- Visit the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in to download the hall ticket.
- Roll No. and Date of Birth will be required to access the hall ticket.
JEE Main 2020 Result, Answer Key and Score Card
- JEE Main 2020 Answer Key has been released by NTA for January session.
- Top 2,50,000 candidates will be eligible to register for JEE Advanced 2020
- JEE Main Scorecard will be made available for the qualified candidates after the declaration of result.
- JEE Main results will be released in the form of score card and rank.
JEE Main 2020 Counselling Dates
JoSSA will be responsible for holding JEE Main Counselling for admissions to NITs, IIITs and IITs.
Two additional rounds will be conducted by CSAB for the remaining seats in Union Territories, North-Eastern regions, and 17 participating SFTIs. With the postponement of exam, the counselling process will also observe a delay. Stay tuned for the entire counselling schedule.
JEE Main 2020 - Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates must practice the exam day rules and procedures laid by the NTA, to avoid any chaos in JEE Main exam centre:
- Candidates should reach the exam centre well in advance from the start of the exam.
- Candidates are requested to visit the exam centre location once prior to the exam to avoid the chaos.
- Candidates should bring all the necessary items which are required in the exam centre.
- Any prohibited items strictly not to be brought to the exam centres
- Indulge in any unfair means can result cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates are advised to take their seat immediately on the opening of the examination hall. If one does not report in time, he/she may miss some of the general instructions that may be announced in the examination hall.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of examination. Reading and listening all the instructions carefully.
- Admit Card is to be shown on demand. No admit-card means student will not be permitted to write the examination.
- Candidates shall not leave their seats or Examination room until the full duration of the paper.
- Pen/ Pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination Hall/Room. Name and Roll Number is to be written at the top of the sheet and must be returned to the Invigilator, before leaving the examination Hall/Room.
- Candidates appearing for Aptitude Test Paper-II must bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Any textual material, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written materials, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card, identity proof, document as required inside the Examination Hall is prohibited inside the exam hall.
Schedule of JEE (Main) 2020 Computer Based Test-CBT
|Events||JEE (Main) - January 2020||JEE (Main) - Sept 2020|
|Online Registration Start Date||2nd September 2019||19th May 2020|
|Online Registration End Date||30th September 2019||24th May 2020|
|JEE Main Application Form Correction||4th July 2020|
|JEE Main Application Form Correction Ends||15th July 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||6th December 2019||3rd week of August 2020|
|Dates of Examination||6th to 11th January 2020||1st to 6th Sept 2020|
|Date of Announcing Results||31st January 2020||To be Announced|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
JEE Main 2020 September Examination Schedule
NTA’s released a notice on May 22. According to the notice, there will be a half an hour difference in the exam timings of the coming session in comparison to the January session. The morning shift for April session will be held from 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon, and the afternoon shift will be held from 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM. The same schedule is highly expected to be implemented in JEE September 2020 exam session.
- Age: No age limit applies to JEE (Main). There is no age limit for appearing in JEE Main exam.
- Academics: Candidates must have passed class XII or equivalent qualifying exam in 2018 or 2019 or must be appearing/appeared in class XII or equivalent qualifying exam in 2020.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates are allowed to attempt JEE Main exam for three consecutive years in both sessions as appearing in both sessions in a single year will be counted as a single attempt.
- Subjects Covered: Candidates must have five subjects in class XII or equivalent including:
- A Language
- Any one of Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational Subject
- Any other subject
- Qualifying Score: For qualifying the JEE (Main) exam to get admission in IITs/ NITs/ IIITs and other CFTIs, the candidate must score:
- For general category students: Minimum aggregate of 75% marks or top 20 percentile in class XII of the respective board
- For SC/ST/PWD category students: Aggregate of at least 65% marks in class XII of the respective board
The JEE (Main) is conducted as two papers for various streams of engineering:
- Paper-I (B. E./B. Tech.)
- Paper-II (B. Arch./B. Planning)
The exam pattern for Paper-I (for B. E./ B.Tech. programs) constitutes:
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT) mode|
|Medium||English, Hindi, Gujarati|
|Timing of Examination||1st Shift||9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|2nd shift||2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Type of Questions||20 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
5 Questions with Numerical Value Based Answers
|Marking Scheme for MCQs||4 marks for each correct answer
-1 mark for each incorrect answer
No mark for Unanswered / Marked for Review
|Marking Scheme for Numerical Value based Questions||4 marks for each correct answer
No mark for each incorrect answers and
Unanswered / Marked for Review questions
Subject wise distribution of Questions, Total Number of Questions and Marks as given below:
|Subject||Total No of Questions||Maximum
|MCQs||Numerical Value based
|Total||60 + 15 = 75*||300|
*20 questions will be MCQs and 5 questions will be based on numerical value for each subject.
For more information please visit: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx