VITEEE Entrance Exam
VIT University, established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, was founded in 1984 as a self-financing Institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA.
VITEEE is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the merit and availability
|Online Registration Start Dates||1st week of Nov, 2019|
|Online Registration End Dates||3rd week of Mar, 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||4th week of Mar, 2020|
|Dates of Examination||Between 1st to 3rd week of Apr, 2020|
|Date of Announcing Results||Last week of Apr, 2020|
|Conducted By||VIT University|
- Candidates must have been born on or after July 1, 1997.
- Candidates must score an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks for PCB or PCM should be at least 50 per cent for SC, ST and North Eastern candidates.
- Regular 'NIOS' board candidates and those who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply for VITEEE.
|Parts||Type of Questions||No. of Questions||Full Marks||Duration|
|Part-I||Physics||40||1 x 40 = 40||2.30 Hrs.
(3 Sessions per day)*
|Part-II||Chemistry||40||1 x 40 = 40|
|Part-III||Mathematics/Biology||40||1 x 40 = 40|
|Part-IV||English||5||1 x 5 = 5|
|MCQs||Total – 125||MM - 125|
The duration of the Entrance Examination will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes. The exam will be conducted as three session per day. *Exam Timings (IST):
- Ist Session - 09.00 am to 11.30 am
- IInd Session - 12.30 pm to 03 .00 pm
- IIIrd Session - 04.00 pm to 06 .30 pm
- Question paper consists of four parts as given below-
- Part -I – Physics
- Part-II – Chemistry
- Part-III – Mathematics / Biology
- Part-IV – English
- Candidates can attempt the combination of PCME or PCBE as per their choice -
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) - 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
- PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) - 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
- No Negative marks for wrong answers.
- Each question carries one mark.
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Selection of VITEEE question paper
- Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE)
- PCME - Candidates appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking
- PCBE - Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,
VELLORE-632014, TAMIL NADU, INDIA
PHONE NO.:0416-220 2157/2168
(MONDAY – FRIDAY – 9.00 AM TO 6.00 PM)