RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 18: Surface Area and Volume of a Right Circular Cylinder
A Right Circular Cylinder is a cylinder that has 2 circular planes of the same radius as a base on both the ends and a curved parallel surface. This 3D figure is frequently used in day-to-day life, such as a glass of water, gas cylinder, jars etc. There are some properties of a right circular cylinder that are discussed in the chapter. They include:
- If we revolve a rectangle about its longitudinal axis, a right circular cylinder is formed
- The lateral cross-section of a right circular cylinder is a circle
- The longitudinal cross-section of a right circular cylinder is a Rectangle
- The line joining the 2 circular planes of a right circular cylinder is called the axis.
There are 3 surface areas of a right circular cylinder we will be dealing with here. Those are:
- The surface area that joins the two circular planes of a closed right circular cylinder is called Curved Surface Area. The formula for the curved surface area of a right circular cylinder is Curved Surface Area = 2πRh square units where π = 3.14, R = Radius of the right circular cylinder, h = height.
- The circular surface area on both sides of a right circular cylinder is called the Circular Surface area. This can be defined by the formula 2πR2 square units where R = radius of the circle
- The total surface area of the right circular cylinder is the sum of these two areas and is given by: Total Surface Area = 2πR (R + h) square units
The volume of the right circular cylinder is the product of the area of the circular plane and its height. Therefore, the formula πR2h cubic units can define the volume of the right circular cylinder.
Download PDF For FREE
Key features of Aakash Institute RD Sharma solutions for class 9th Maths Chapter 18: Surface Area and Volume of a Right Circular Cylinder
- The solutions of Aakash institute have been solved by easy steps and language to be understood easily and finished in less time.
- Experts from the Aakash institute have developed the solutions to be understood by beginners and seasoned students alike.
- RD Sharma class, 9 maths solutions of Aakash institute, covers the syllabus and the questions exactly as per it is given in the RD Sharma Textbook.