RD Sharma Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 24: The Circle
This chapter covers concepts about circles and solving equations for any circle with a given centre and radius. The students will study circles and learn about the equation for every circle with a given centre and radius. The chapter begins with a circle definition and then moves on to the general equation of a circle in two dimensions. Various circumstances are used to generate a large number of equations, as follows:
- Equation for a circle with the centre (h, k) and radius (x - h)2 + (y - k)2 = a2.
- The circle equation is x2 + y2 = a2 if the centre is (0, 0).
- The equation of the circle passing between the origin and centre on the x2 + y2 – 2ay = 0.
- The equation of a circle passing through the origin and centre and resting on the X- axis is x2 + y2 — 2ax = 0.
- The circle's equation is x2 + y2 — by = 0 when the origin and intersecting intercepts a and b on the coordinate axes are used.
- The circle equation is (x – x1) (x – x2)+ (y – y1) + (y – y2) = 0 when the ends of a diameter are (x1, y1) and (x2, y2).
- x = a cos, y = a sin are the parametric points for the equation for the circle x2 + y2 = a2.
The chapter forms the basis of various other chapters in the section of coordinate geometry, and it is important for school exams and engineering entrance tests. The important concepts elaborated in this chapter include the definition of a circle, the representation of a circle on a Cartesian plane, the general equation of a circle, various equations for a circle, locus of a circle and family of circles.
Experts have formulated the RD Sharma Class 11 Maths solutions in a very clear manner. Shortcut strategies are used to prepare solutions that could help students grasp ideas quickly and make learning more enjoyable. RD Sharma Class 11 Maths Solutions is the perfect reference content for students who have trouble learning the definitions.
Download PDF For FREE
Key features of Aakash institute RD Sharma solutions for class 11th Maths Chapter 24- The Circle
- We provide students with clear, simple answers that help them prepare for tests or finish assignments.
- Solutions are developed in a step-by-step fashion by a team of professionals. As a result, students studying this chapter will be able to achieve high scores in their exams with the help of the solutions.
- Aakash Institute takes pride in keeping the information as plain and effortless as possible to ensure students understand everything right away.