NEET- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) from 2019 onwards. The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India has assigned the responsibility of conducting NEET UG to the NTA. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018.
NEET (UG) is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The responsibility of the NTA will limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
The NTA will conduct NEET UG only once a year and the mode for NEET UG exam will remain offline. The NEET UG-2020 will be held in 3rd May, 2020. The result of the NEET UG-2020 will be declared in 4th June, 2020.
Important Dates of NEET(UG)-2020
|Online Registration Opening Date||2nd December 2019|
|Online Registration Closing Date||31st December 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||27th March 2020|
|Date of Examination||3rd May 2020|
|Date of Announcing Results||4th June 2020|
|Mode of Examination||Pen & Paper|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NEET (UG), 2020.
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2020 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination for General category (GC), 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ ST-PH/ OBC-PH.
- The candidates belonging to the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats from the academic year 2018-19 onward.
|Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration of Test|
|Physics||45||4 x 45 = 180||-1||3 hrs.|
|Chemistry||45||4 x 45 = 180|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90||4 x 90 = 360|
|MCQs||Total –180||MM – 720|
More InformationFor more details, please refer: