The National Testing Agency (NTA) can anytime announce the registration dates for NEET 2023 to be conducted on 07th May. As per the schedule, the NEET UG 2023 will be conducted in the Pen and Paper (Offline Mode) mode in almost 202 cities throughout the nation.
Talking about the NEET 2023 Dress code, to ensure fairness in the exam, all candidates appearing for the exam will be required to follow some protocols set by the NTA.
The dress code for NEET 2023 prescribed by the NTA is to be followed by all candidates without fail. If any candidate fails to meet the requirements, he/she will not be allowed to sit for the NEET 2023 exam.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, NTA added two major items in the existing dress code parameter which are masks and gloves.
(1) It is mandatory for every student to carry a face mask and gloves. Candidates must wear gloves for the entire duration of the exam.
(2) Carrying or wearing Heavy jewelry pieces, watches, or other wearable devices is not permitted in the NEET exam hall.
(3) No candidate (for both Male and Female Candidates) will be allowed to wear full-sleeved or light-coloured clothes at the exam center.
(4) Clothes with big buttons will not be allowed.
(5) In the NEET exam hall, candidates will have to wear Slippers/ sandals with low heels. Shoes, Bellies, Sunglasses, Wallets, handbags will not be allowed.
(6) Kurta Pyjamas for Boys and Sarees for girls are not allowed in the exam hall.
The official NEET 2023 brochure which is very soon going to be released by the National Testing Agency will specify the dress code. For now, we are sharing below the dress code which was recommended by the NTA till the previous year. Candidates who wish to appear for the exam in a customary dress will be required to report at the exam center at least an hour before for a thorough frisking. No candidate will be allowed to carry prohibited items in the exam hall.
The following dress code for Male candidates announced by the NTA has to be followed without a fail:
(1) No male candidate will be allowed to wear full-sleeved shirts/t-shirts in the exam hall. Male candidates will only be allowed to wear half-sleeved shirts and t-shirts.
(2) Male candidates will not be allowed to wear any bulky clothes with zip pockets, big buttons, sequins, or embroideries. Candidates should only wear light and simple clothes.
(3) Male candidates will not be allowed to wear Kurta Pajama.
(4) Male candidates cannot wear shoes during the exam. Simple sandals or chappals with thin soles will only be allowed.
The following dress code for Female candidates announced by the NTA has to be followed without a fail:
(1) Female candidates will not be allowed to wear clothes with sequins, embroidery, patches, brooches, or big buttons.
(2) Female candidates appearing for NEET 2023 will not be allowed to wear full-sleeve clothes. Only clothes with half sleeves will be allowed.
(3) Footwear with high heels and thick soles are prohibited. Female candidates must wear simple sandals or slippers with low heels.
(4) Female candidates will not be allowed to wear jewellery pieces like earrings, nose pins, rings, necklaces, anklets, bracelets, or pendants.
Candidates belonging to a particular religion that requires wearing a customary dress will be allowed to wear their dress. According to the decision by the Hon. High Court of Delhi, Sikh candidates will be allowed to carry kara, kirpan, or kanga with them. Muslim female candidates will be allowed to wear Burkha. Candidates will be able to fill the option of wearing their customary dresses while filling the NEET 2023 application form. Also, such candidates will be required to report to the exam hall at least an hour before the commencement of the exam for proper frisking.
While appearing for the NEET 2023, candidates will not be allowed to carry some items inside the exam hall. The list of such banned items is shared below: .
(1) Stationery items such as textual material, geometry or pencil box, plastic pouch, calculator, pen, scale, pen drives, eraser, log table, Electronic pen, scanner, writing pad, bits of paper, etc..
(2) Any communication device like mobile phones, Bluetooth, earphones, microphones, health bands, etc..
(3) Other items like wallet, goggles, handbags, belts, cap, etc..
(4) Watch, bracelet, camera, etc..
(5) Any ornament or a metallic item, etc. .
(6) Any food items opened or a packed water bottle, etc..
(7) Other items that can be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like a microchip, camera, Bluetooth devices, etc.
Diabetic candidates appearing for NEET 2023 will be given some relaxation to sit for the NEET 2023 exam. Guidelines for such candidates are given below:
(1) Diabetic candidates will be allowed to carry eatables like their sugar tablets, fruits (banana, apple, orange), and a water bottle (transparent) to the exam hall.
(2) Any packaged items like chocolates, candy, sandwiches, etc cannot be carried to the NEET exam center.
Q. Will I be allowed to wear Jeans in NEET 2023?
A. Yes, candidates appearing for the NEET 2023 exam can wear light-coloured denim jeans.
Q. Can I wear my diamond earrings in the NEET exam hall?
A. No, both male and female candidates will not be allowed to wear any kind of jewellery including earrings, nose rings, rings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, or anklets.
Q. Can I wear Palazzo while appearing for the NEET 2023 exam?
A. Yes, wearing Palazzo pants is allowed in the NEET exam hall.
Q. Will candidates with tattoos be allowed in the NEET exam?
A. Candidates with big or elaborate tattoos cannot appear for the examination. Candidates who wish to appear for the exam with tattoos must inform the authorities in advance to avoid any trouble at the last stage.
Q. Will watches be allowed inside the exam hall?
A. No, watches will not be allowed in the exam hall.
Talk to our expert