Aakash Foundations Program: A Brief Outline.
‘Aakash’ aims to prepare students for their School/Board as well as competitive exams of national and international repute like NTSE, NSTSE, JSTSE, NSO, IMO, iOS, iOM, etc.
Besides preparing for the aforesaid exams, the long-term motto is to lay a sound foundation of students in advance as the unit’s name Aakash Foundation (for class IX, X) reflects itself, at an early stage to ensure grand success in the elite ‘Medical and Engineering Entrance Tests’ of the country.
The Foundation courses are inclusive and meticulously designed as these lay strong foundation to students aspiring to appear for CA-CPT exams after their XII standard. Understandably, the programs of this unit help sharpen the skills of average students giving them a head-start to make them emerge toppers in the long run. Credibly, Foundations’ programs work as a catalyst in turning average and raw talent stand out as cherished ones.
Along with preparation of Engineering & Medical Entrance Exams Aakash also prepares students for KVPY and NSE (P/C/B/A) at class XI & XII level.Some Popular Scholarship Exams:
- NTSE - National Talent Search Exams: http://www.ncert.nic.in/programmes/talent_exam/index_talent.html
- NSTSE - National Science Talent Search Exams: http://www.unifiedcouncil.com/
- JSTSE - Junior Science Talent Search Exam: http://www.edudel.nic.in/welcome_folder/ntsejsts/JSTS/JSTSdetails.pdf
- KVPY - Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana: http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm
Each Olympiad is a separate exam with its own organizing body and a common set of rules and regulations. The Olympiad exams thus serve as a platform to challenge the brightest minds in mathematics and science across the world.There are various Olympiads held across the world. Some of them are as:
- The International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO, since 1959; not held in 1980)
- The International Physics Olympiad (IPhO, since 1967; not held in 1973, 1978, 1980)
- The International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO, since 1968; not held in 1971)
- The International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI, 1989)
- The International Biology Olympiad (IBO, 1990)
- The International Philosophy Olympiad (IPO, 1993)
- The International Astronomy Olympiad (IAO, 1996)
- The International Geography Olympiad (IGeO, 1996)
- The International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL, 2003)
- The International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO, 2004)
- The International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA, 2007)
- The International Earth Science Olympiad (IESO, 2007)
The Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is the nodal centre of the country for Olympiad programmes in Mathematics, Sciences and Astronomy. The programmes aim at promoting excellence in science and mathematics among pre-university students.Mathematical Olympiad Program in India:
The Mathematical Olympiad Program consists of six Stages (For more details, refer link of Olympiad Exams in our website). For Details about Mathematical Olympiad, refer HBCSE website: http://olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in/Science and Astronomy Olympiad Programs in India:
The Science Olympiad program also follows 5 stages (For more details, refer link of Olympiad Exams in our website). Details about Science & Astronomy Olympiads are available on the IAPT website: http://iapt.org.in/Olympiads conducted by SOF World:
- NSO – National Science Olympiad: http://www.sofworld.org/nso
- IMO – International Mathematics Olympiad: http://www.sofworld.org/imo
- NCO – National Cyber Olympiad: http://www.sofworld.org/nco
- IEO – International English Olympiad: http://www.sofworld.org/ieo
- iOM – International Olympiad of Mathematics: http://silverzone.org/newweb/iom_informatics_olympiad.html
- iOS – International Olympiad of Science: http://silverzone.org/newweb/ios_informatics_olympiad.html
- iSSO – International Social Studies Olympiad: http://silverzone.org/newweb/isso_olympiad.html
- iTHO – International Talent Hunt Olympiad: http://silverzone.org/newweb/ITHO_olympiad.html