Aakash Admission Process:
We at Aakash, offers admissions in various Medical, Engineering and Foundation Courses in different programs like Regular Classroom Program, Distance Learning Program and Digital Program.
Admission processes at Aakash may vary from one course to another course. However, the students can take admission in Aakash through the process of Direct Admission (DA) and / or Admission cum Scholarship Test (ACST). Aakash offers Direct Admission (DA) option in all of its courses. The students can take admission either directly on the basis of percentage of marks secured by them in their last School/Board Examinations or through ANTHE-Aakash National Talent Hunt Exam and / or ACST-Admission cum Scholarship Test and / or NEST-National Eligibility & Scholarship Test if they wish to avail scholarship.
Direct Admission (DA):
Each course has a predefined specific percentage admission criterion. Broadly, for admission in any course a student should fulfill the required Percentage or Grades (aggregate marks) in either Science & Mathematics in Class VIII / IX / Class X Board / All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE) / SSC Board or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) / Physic, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) in Class XII Board / Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination.
For Example -
1. Those students who have secured minimum
- 85% and above marks OR A2 + A2 grades in Science & Mathematics in Class VIII / Class IX can take Direct Admission in Three / Four Year Integrated Course for JEE (Main & Advanced) or Medical (NEET/AIIMS)
- 70% aggregate marks OR B1 + B1 grades in Science & Mathematics in Class IX / Class X Board Exam of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi / Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) or any other recognized Board can take direct admission in Two Year Integrated Course for JEE (Main & Advanced) or Medical (NEET/AIIMS)
- 70% aggregate marks in Science & Mathematics in Class X / 70% aggregate marks in PCM / PCB in Class XII Board Exam can take direct admission in One Year Engineering / Medical Courses
2. Those students who have secured minimum
- 65% aggregate marks in PCM / PCB in Class XII
- 70% aggregate marks in Science & Mathematics in Class X Board Exam can take direct admission in Short-term Courses i.e., Crash Courses / Test Series Courses.
Admission cum Scholarship Test (ACST):
- If a student could not qualify the criteria of Direct Admission, for such students, we are providing an opportunity to appear for our 'Admission cum Scholarship Test' to showcase their potential for Medicine or Engineering as career. Those students who qualify this test are then given admission in the applied courses.
- The admission test also gives an opportunity to a student to outperform and get scholarship in turn. A student, who has qualified our direct admission criteria, can also appear for ACST in order to avail scholarship.
- If a student has taken direct admission and paid registration fee, admission fee and 1st Installment of the Tuition Fee, then he/she cannot appear in ACST to avail any scholarship benefit.
- A student can appear in the ACST for a maximum of two chances for seeking admission in a particular course and that too before paying Tuition Fee. Once a student has paid the Registration, Admission and 1st Installment of Tuition Fee, then he/she cannot appear in the ACST for Scholarship.
- The detailed syllabus of the admission test is different for different courses and can be obtained from the information desk at the applying centre. [For Pattern & Syllabus, refer our Process of DA & ACST page in Brochure for respective courses]
- For more details, please contact the Centre Counsellors.
Note: The scholarships can also be obtained through ANTHE which is conducted every year in the month of October.
Common Admission Process:
Admission in Regular Classroom Program can be availed until August, although one can get enroled in Distance Learning Program / Digital Program throughout the year.