Admission in Foundation Courses at Aakash
Our foundation courses are aimed at students in Class 9 and Class 10, which prepares students by laying ground work for Medical, Engineering and other Competitive Examinations such as KVPY and National Standard Examinations (NSEs) in advance. We also prepare supplemental materials for our students in preparation for such examinations.
We offer the following Foundation Courses for Class 9 and 10 students:
- One-year integrated classroom course for Olympiads, which includes provision of study materials and coaching for subjects in Science, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Mental Ability . The course aims to prepare students for the school and Olympiad examinations.
- Two-year integrated classroom course for Classes 9 and 10, Olympiads and NTSE, which includes provision of study materials and coaching for subjects in Science, Mathematics, Social Science
,. The course also includes special classes for Olympiad and NTSE preparation.
- For Class 10 students, we offer the one-year integrated Classroom Course for Olympiads and NTSE, which includes provision of study materials and coaching for subjects in Science, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Mental Ability. The course also includes special classes for NTSE preparation.
In addition to Medical and Engineering Examinations, we prepare our students for various Competitive and Scholarship Examinations through our classroom courses, distance learning programs and digital courses, including the following:
- National Standard Examinations in Junior Science (NSEJS), aimed at Class 9 and 10 students is the first stage of the International Junior Science Olympiads who wish to obtain internationally recognized awards;
- International Mathematics Olympiads (IMO) and the National Science Olympiad (NSO) aimed at students who wish to obtain internationally recognized awards and/or cash awards;
- National Talent Search Examinations (NTSE), aimed at students who wish to obtain scholarships for undergraduate to PhD studies.
In order to discover and nurture talent, we conduct the Admission cum Scholarship Test (ACST), the Aakash National Talent Haunt Exam (ANTHE), the Aakash talent Quest (ATQ) and the national Eligibility and Scholarship Test (NEST). The ANTHE is generally conducted in the last week of October and is aimed at students in Class 8 to 10. The ATQ is conducted in December and aimed at students in Class 12, NEST conducted in the first week of April and aimed at students in class 8 to 12 while the ACST is generally conducted during weekends as scheduled, aimed at students in Class 8 to 12 and who could not make it for the ANTHE, ATQ and NEST. We provide scholarships for qualifying students from these tests to enrol in our programs.
Foundation courses are for those students, who aim to prepare for exams like NTSE and Olympiads and lay groundwork for Medical and Engineering Entrance Exams. A series of tests and examinations are conducted to evaluate our students. We aim at clearing doubts, if any, which helps students to appear confidently for the exams.
Our admission and course structures and schedules are based on the current timelines for examinations, examination results and re-examinations. If there is any significant change to the timeline for examinations, examination results or re-examinations, we may have to alter our course structures and schedules on a timely basis to align with any such changes.