CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23: There are times when students are so stressed and busy with their board exam preparation that they forget to familiarize themselves with the exam pattern, weightage, marking scheme, etc. But this is crucial as it will help them boost their exam preparation. If you think that the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus and Pattern are the same as last year then you are wrong as CBSE Class 10 exams were in two terms in the past year. Also, the paper was MCQ based. This year there have been some changes in the syllabus and some topics have also been deleted.
Maths is one such subject, which scares most students, so we highly recommend you to be familiar with the CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Chapter weightage, and a lot more. You can refer to the below tables for a better understanding:
CBSE Class 10 Maths Question Paper Design – Maths (Standard)
|. No.||Typology of Questions||Total Marks||% Weightage (approx.)|
Class 10 CBSE Maths Question Paper Design – Maths (Basic)
|S. No.||Typology of Questions||Total Marks||% Weightage (approx.)|
CBSE Class 10 Maths Sylabus Chapterwise Weightage
|VII||STATISTICS & PROBABILITY||11|
Also See: CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2023
CBSE Class 10 Maths 2023 Syllabus – Unitwise Important Topics
UNIT I: NUMBER SYSTEMS
- Real Number
UNIT II: ALGEBRA
- Pair of Linear Equations in two Variables
- Quadratic Equations
- Arithmetic Progressions
UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
- Coordinate Geometry
UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
UNIT V: TRIGONOMETRY
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Trigonometric Identities
- Heights and Distances: Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression
UNIT VI: MENSURATION
- Areas Related to Circles
- Surface Areas and Volumes
UNIT VII: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
Internal Assessment (for both Maths Standard and Maths Basic)
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment (5+5)||10|
|Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books)||05|
Class 10 Maths CBSE Related Links:
Recommended Books for CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023
- Mathematics – Textbook for class X – NCERT Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class X – CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, secondary stage – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class X, NCERT publication
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths CBSE Syllabus 2023
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-1 Real Number
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-2 Polynomials
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-3 Pair Of Linear Equations In Two Variables
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-4 Quadratic Equation
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-5 Arithmetic Progression
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-6 Triangles
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-7 Coordinate Geometry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-8 Trigonometry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-9 Applications Of Trigonometry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-10 Circles
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-11 Constructions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-12 Areas Related To Circles
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-13 Surface Areas And Volumes
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-14 Statistics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-15 Probability
FAQs on CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
1. Which topics are removed from Class 10 Maths 2022-23?
Euclid’s division lemma, Decimal representation of rational numbers in terms of terminating/non-terminating recurring decimals. Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients. Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equations.
2. Are boards Cancelled for 2023?
For the 2023 batch, CBSE Class 10, 12 board exams will begin on February 15. There will be only one exam at the end of the academic session. In 2022 the board held board exams in 2 terms in view of COVID-19 but has decided to go back to the conventional practice of holding board exams once a year.
3. Is 2023 board exam MCQ?
The CBSE 10th Board Exams 2023 question papers will have 40 per cent MCQs, 20 per cent competency-based questions, and the remaining 40 per cent subjective or short/long response type questions.
4. Is 2023 board exam easy or hard?
If you are up to date on your preparation then the CBSE board exam is not difficult for you. Starting your preparation early will make it even easier for you.
5. Will there be 2 terms in 2023?
From the next academic year, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has confirmed that CBSE Board Exams 2023 will be held only once. CBSE will no longer hold term 1 and term 2 exams in 2023.