The announcement of the dates of Class 10th Term-2 Exams by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) entails that the exams will begin on 26th April 2022. Notably, CBSE Class 10 Term-2 Board Exam 2022 would only cover 50% of the syllabus. The exams would be organised in a subjective answer-type pattern. After this sudden transition from the objective type form to the subjective type form, the students may find concept-based subjects like Science to be a bit difficult. Notwithstanding this, the students can perform well in Science if they clearly understand all the core concepts. Such a good understanding requires the students to practice several questions on the important concepts. Today, we will discuss the important science concepts for CBSE Class 10th Term 2 Exam 2022. Let us begin with it!
CBSE has released the Class 10th Term-2 Exam timetable on its official website -https://www.cbse.gov.in/. The students can download the timetable from there. Since the exams are near, students who want to perform well are now rigorously preparing for the boards.
Science is a crucial subject in CBSE Class 10th. It helps the students about their future, such as whether they want to choose a science stream or non-science stream for their higher education, according to the career they want to pursue. Many students find science a complex subject due to the involvement of concepts based on laws and numerical questions. However, with hard work and dedication to the subject, they can gain a sound understanding of the vital concepts. Significantly, the students should learn the right approach for answering the questions and do ample practice to reduce the chances of making mistakes.
Also, due to the pandemic, the students are not used to writing that much after the phase of online classes & objective-type exams. Students should do writing practice as required to efficiently write the answers with proper time management and score well.
|Facts to Consider
To start the preparation for science, the students must be aware of the topics coming under the Term-2 Syllabus.
CBSE Class 10th Science Syllabus for Term 2 Exam 2022
The entire syllabus of Class 10th is divided into two halves for Term-1 and Term-2 examinations. The syllabus apportioned for Class 10th Term-2 exam 2022 is as follows:
Unit-1: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Chapter IV: Carbon and its compounds
- Chapter V: Periodic Classification of elements
Unit-2: World of Living
- Chapter VIII: How do organisms reproduce?
- Chapter IX: Heredity and evolution
Unit-3: Effects of Current
- Chapter XII: Electricity
- Chapter XIII: Magnetic effects of current
Unit-5: Natural Resources
- Chapter XV: Our Environment
Learn the vital concepts here:
Here is a tabulated version of the distribution of marks between the Units in the Term-2 Science Syllabus.
|Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||Chapters 4 and 5||10|
|World of Living||Chapters 8 and 9||13|
|Effects of Current||Chapters 12 and 13||12|
|Natural Resources||Chapter 15||5|
CBSE Class 10th Science Term-2 Exam 2022 Paper Pattern
The paper pattern of the CBSE Class 10th Science Term-2 Exam will be dissimilar to that of the previous years. The duration of the exam will be two hours. The question paper will include only 15 questions. There will be very short, short, and long answer-type formats. The blueprint of the number of questions with their weightage is as follows:
- Firstly, there will be 7 very short answer-type questions in Section A. Each question will be 2 marks.
- Next, Section B will include 6 short answer-type questions. Here, each question will carry 3 marks.
- Lastly, Section C will include 2 case-based questions; each question will carry 4 marks. Such questions will be based on the case studies given.
CBSE Class 10 Term-2 Science Important Questions Based on Important Topics
Here, we have provided the important questions based on important topics that can be asked in the Science exam. The experts curated these questions and are as per the latest paper pattern and reduced syllabus. Get information about JEE Main 2022 Important Chapters. Enrol today!
We have bifurcated questions of 2, 3, and 4 marks for the students to prepare for CBSE Class 10 Science Term 2 Exam 2022.
Two marks questions
- Define Catenation
- Give a reason for why the element carbon forms a very large number of compounds.
- Why do covalent compounds normally not conduct electricity?
- Define tetravalency of carbon?
- What is structural isomerism? Is there any isomer of propane?
- Why and how does the tendency to lose electrons change in a group?
- State two drawbacks of Mendeleev’s Periodic Table.
- Metallic oxides are basic, while non-metallic oxides are acidic. Why?
- Give a reason why the atomic sizes vary as we go down a group?
- State two important functions of testosterone.
- Define the placenta and its functions.
- Write the importance of variation?
- State the names of male and female sex hormones.
- State the parts of a flower.
- What is sex determination?
- Define genes. Where are they located?
- Define sex chromosomes?
- Distinguish between sex chromosomes and autosomes.
- Why did Mendel choose pea plants for conducting his experiments on inheritance?
- Define the electrical resistivity of a material? Mention its unit.
- State the commercial unit of electric energy? Convert it into Joules.
- State Ohm’s law. Mention the conditions necessary for its validity.
- What is Solenoid?
- Define an electromagnet? What is the direction of magnetic field lines?
- Why do magnetic field lines not intersect each other?
- State two properties of magnetic field lines?
- What is a food web? State its significance for the ecosystem.
- Define phytoplanktons.
Three Marks Questions
- Why can’t two carbon atoms be linked to each other by more than three covalent bonds?
- Explain the two properties of carbon, leading to the formation of many compounds?
- Mention the name, symbol, and electronic configuration of an element having the atomic number 11. Also, write the group and period number of this element.
- (a) Mendeleev, Newland, and Dobereiner offered their contribution to building the Modern Periodic table.
(b) State one merit and one demerit of their contribution.
- Mention the Modern Periodic law.
- Explain tissue culture?
- Represent the longitudinal section of a flower via a well-labeled diagram.
- Distinguished between homologous and analogous organs, with examples.
- Which is the superior way to connect the lights and other appliances in household wiring, and why?
- Find a relationship between P, I, and V.
- Describe the three methods to create a magnetic field.
- Why is the ozone layer essential for the existence of life on earth?
The four marks questions will be case-based, so the students are advised to go through the important units thoroughly. So, they can solve the questions in a given case. Get access to high-quality learning resources curated by experts. Find Aakash Coaching Institute Near You.
The CBSE Class 10th exam preparation is of principal importance to the students. To gain a good understanding of the concepts, the students must go through the NCERT properly. The questions that we have provided today will make the students familiarise themselves with the latest pattern. Also, these will be helpful for the last-minute revisions. All those students who aim to score high in their CBSE Class 10 Science Term-2 Exam 2022 must practice the important questions based on the important topics of the Class 10th Term-2 Syllabus. We hope this article proves to be useful for students. Get enrolled for NEET 2022 Crash Course today!
FAQs about CBSE Class 10 Science
1. What is the significance of solving the sample papers issued by CBSE?
The students can access the sample question papers via the official CBSE web portal. By solving the CBSE sample paper 2021-22 for Class 10th, the students will get to know the precise exam pattern as per the new exam policy 2022 and the difficulty level of different questions. Through these papers, the students can assess the important topics of the CBSE Class 10th syllabus on which more questions are to be asked. Also, the students should practise Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers to learn time management while solving different questions.
2. What will be the exam pattern of CBSE Class 10th 2022?
The Central Board of Secondary Education has declared the revised CBSE board Class 10th exam pattern 2022. Students can check the latest pattern of the exam to help students prepare for the board exams. The CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2022 is available for download on the official website of CBSE (cbse.gov.in.) It will include the exam duration, marking scheme, marks distribution for each topic, and other critical aspects. CBSE has clearly stated that the exam pattern for 2022 will be similar to the Class 10 sample papers issued for 2022.
3. Is studying from NCERT sufficient for Class 10 Term 2 Science?
Yes, the NCERT textbook covers all the Class 10 Term-2 Science syllabus topics. The question papers are based on the concepts of NCERT and their applications. The NCERT textbook must be the priority of students while studying. After going through the NCERT, students can study from any reference book, as per their preference. Reference books help the student to practice more as these involve additional questions. So, for up to the mark preparation, students should first do the concepts from NCERT and then study from the reference books. Get access to Lakhmir Singh Solutions and HC Verma Solutions for better practice.
4. From where can I get the NCERT solutions for the CBSE Class 10th Term-2 science exam?
Going through the NCERT solutions is essential for the CBSE Class 10th Term-2 science exam. Practising from NCERT helps to clear the concepts. But, in case your students get stuck on a question or want to find the accurate reason for any reasoning question, the NCERT solutions can be very helpful. Students should consider the NCERT solutions while preparing for the exam. The boards and NCERT concepts are also vital for other competitive exams like JEE 2020, NEET 2020, CUCET, NTA, KVPY, and olympiad exams. Access the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science.
5. Will the CBSE Class 10th Term-2 Exam 2022 be easier or tougher than before?
The CBSE Class 10th board exam 2022 will be easier as there is a reduction in the syllabus by 50%. Also, there is a change in the paper pattern by the CBSE board, and the new paper pattern for 2022 has a decreased number of subjective questions. So, it will be relatively easier for students to prepare. Most importantly, the students must have read the CBSE 10th Syllabus & the timetable, and they must know that there will be adequate time for thoroughly studying & revising the CBSE Class 10th Syllabus.
6. How do you study to score well in the CBSE Class 10th Science Term-2 exam?
The Cass 10th CBSE exam is of high importance for students that relate to the students' career ahead. Hence, it is highly significant to do effective preparation for this exam. The students should exhaustively go through the NCERT textbook to cover the syllabus quickly. Further, the students can follow various approaches to prepare for their Class 10th science exam. Students should not just grind away. The main focus should be given to learning the concepts. Students should try relating the concepts to their daily life. Moreover, get JEE Main 2022 preparation tips and NEET 2022 preparation tips from experts at Aakash.