The CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams are quickly approaching! So now it’s not the time for students to be concerned, but rather it’s time for them to portray and remember how well they are prepared and where they fall short. All CBSE Class 10 students should encourage and motivate themselves as there is no need to be stressed if students are prepared well! Their score will reflect the amount of preparation they have done.
Students have already completed their CBSE Class 10 Term 1 exams, so they understand how well they are prepared. Students must plan their Term 2 Exam preparations smartly and efficiently! Students must positively train their brains and refrain from overloading them with thoughts. Use NCERT Solutions For Class 10 for better understanding of the concepts.
This article will highlight some smart techniques that students can use to ace their Term 2 Examinations.
|Table of Contents|
|CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams: Smart Preparation Tips|
|CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams: Things to Avoid while Preparing for Board Exams|
|Frequently Asked Questions on Class 10 CBSE Term 2 Exam Preparations|
CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams: Smart Preparation Tips
Smart work is the key to success!
The first step that students need to take for their CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exam preparation is conducting smart work and hard work. It means that students must intelligently categorise important syllabus topics that carry high weightage and are more likely to appear in Class 10 2022 exams. Studying these topics initially and thoroughly can help students secure their marks.
Plan Daily Schedule
The second critical step is to set a realistic daily schedule. Creating a schedule allow students to effectively organise their time between all of their Class 10 subjects. A timetable will also help students to stay focused and disciplined. As a result, a timetable is essential for achieving the greatest results. Students must devote extra hours to important topics and chapters for effective preparation.
Solve Sample and Previous question papers
“Practice makes a man perfect.”
The smartest way to prepare for the CBSE Class 10 Board exams is to practice as many sample and previous question papers as possible. In most cases, the CBSE question paper setters repeat important questions from previous years’ papers to test students’ knowledge of those concepts. Thus, practising CBSE’s latest sample paper and previous question papers can help students become familiar with most questions in the test.
“Time is equal for everyone; it depends on how people utilise it.” Most students cannot complete their exam papers on time, even though they are familiar with the answers. Can anyone answer why? Well, the main reason for their incomplete submission is time constraints. Students are not able to manage their time effectively in the examination hall. As a result, exercising time management is critical. Students must set a time limit for themselves and practise questions accordingly.
Practise Writing Skills
The student’s handwriting and their way of presentation for answers is the first thing looked at by the examiner. Writing in tidy, clear handwriting makes a strong impression. The examiner will find it difficult to understand the answers if the handwriting is unclear. As a result, students must work on their writing skills; they can easily achieve this by practising answers in written format. The written practice of topics will help long term retention of the concepts, thereby aiding in their preparation process. Students must read NCERT Solutions For Class 10 to understand answer writing skills for exams.
Relax the night before the exam
Finally, the day has arrived, for which students have been preparing so hard. Students must relax and calm their minds and avoid unnecessary stress and nervousness. Students must give themselves a break before the day of the exam. Studying the night before the exam can make students feel tired and tense the next day. Prepare for the examinations ahead of time and wind up all the revisions. It will enable students to write exams more attentively with full concentration.
Plan some outdoor activities
All Class 10 students must be busy preparing for their CBSE Board Exams for the entire day. Students study for continuous long hours and isolate themselves in one single room. But this is not a smart move; rather, their mind will get exhausted and will not be able to absorb new topics efficiently. Thus students must engage in some physical activity. They must take time out from their daily study regimen to go running, cycling, or just for a walk. It will refresh their mind and enable them to learn more accurately.
CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams: Things to Avoid while Preparing for Board Exams
Students mostly question experts on how to prepare for their CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams effectively, but they never ask what practices they should avoid during their Board Examination preparation. Here are some key highlights for students to avoid in the last few days of their examinations.
Avoid Comparison with friends
Humans, especially students, have a compulsion to compare themselves to others, particularly during exam times. Students have the desire to compare themselves to others, which might have a negative impact on one’s preparedness. Comparison with peers may only demotivate them in the run-up to the tests but can also affect their overall performance.
Never Underestimate the power of revision!
In overconfidence, students make the biggest mistake, not comprehensively revising the subjects. Each topic requires a full proof revision to promote long-term retention of the theories. Reviewing concepts that have been well comprehended will help reinforce the essentials of the topic properly.
Rote learning can only help in short term learning
Rote learning is grasping the topics orally without understanding the depth of the topic, sometimes known as ‘mugging up,’ which is an unproductive activity. It may appear to be a clever hack for students in the short term, but it offers no long-term benefit. Yes, CBSE Exam questions demand students to recall lengthy answers, but they must do so with a thorough comprehension of the material.
Avoid Using Multiple Resources
Students make a typical mistake right before the CBSE Class 10 Exams by citing different sources for the same subject. Each reference book uses different resources to explain the same topic, which confuses students just before the exams. Thus students must stick to a single reference book to revise concepts before exams.
The CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Examinations lay the groundwork for students preparing for their future academic careers. Students must efficiently utilise this time by employing these smartly expert crafted preparation tactics. Using these strategies and one’s hard work and dedication will surely lead them to achieve high grades in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Board Examinations. Most of the CBSE Board Exams questions are directly and indirectly from the NCERT textbooks. Thus students must use the NCERT Solutions For Class 10. These solutions will help students clarify their doubts and help them pass the examinations with flying colours! All the best!
1. What preparation strategy should I create to succeed in Class 10 CBSE Term 2 Exams?
Reading NCERT textbooks is the best strategy to prepare for CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams. Following these guidelines will boost students’ confidence to answer the exam questions easily. Apart from hard work, memorising and retaining everything, the key secret to performing well in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams is learning sensibly and effectively so that the student’s hard work can pay off with exceptional outcomes.
- Begin studying in a location with few or no distractions. As distractions can cause students to lose their concentration, making it difficult to focus. As a result, students must find the most silent room for themselves and take the help of their families.
- Each chapter and topic should be thoroughly read. A thorough comprehension will improve students’ understanding of the key principles and allow them to apply them as needed. Students must use NCERT Solutions For Class 10 for concept clarity.
- Students must always prepare keynotes that they can refer to throughout their revision process. Try to add flow charts, maps or diagrams in notes to make it concise. Preparing notes in this manner will assist students in forming mental images of concepts.
- The most effective and proven method for success in CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams is solving as many questions and numerical problems as possible before appearing for the exam. The CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exam will be conducted for 2 hours; thus, students need to practise hard to solve their papers within the time restriction!
- Students must use study materials to help them understand the concepts more easily. As numerous topics are interrelated in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 syllabus, students must carefully comprehend each topic to learn new topics. And students must avoid skipping any topic while preparing for the exams.
2. What guidelines should we keep in mind while appearing for the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams?
The CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams, also known as year-end exams, will be conducted by April 2022. The Term 2 Exams are structured differently compared to the Term 1 exams. The Term 2 Exams will be conducted for two hours and include a range of questions. As a result, students must carefully drill and revise each topic concept. Along with thorough preparation, students must adhere to specific guidelines while attempting the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Board Examinations.
The following are the guidelines that students must follow when taking the Board Examinations.
- Students must arrive at the examination centre 20 minutes before the examination timings.
- Students must remember to bring their CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Examination roll number and admission card.
- Each student must strictly follow the CBSE Covid protocols.
- Read the question paper instructions thoroughly and ask any questions in case of any doubts from the examiner.
- Students must always respond to the question about which they are most confident as it will boost their efficiency for the next upcoming questions.
- Do not invest too much time in a single question.
- Students must avoid leaving the examination room early as, instead, they can use their spare time by double-checking their answers.
3. Suggest some quick preparation tips for the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams?
With the CBSE Class 10 Board Exams coming, students must plan their time wisely to prepare effectively. It is the most important stage of a Class 10 student’s academic life because it shapes their future career. Here are some excellent preparation strategies for students to implement in their CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams:
- Make some handy notes.
- Create a timetable.
- Understand the exam structure.
- Concentrate on topics.
- Frequent Self-Assessment.
- Read everything carefully.
- Solve as many sample papers as possible.
- Do not skip any chapter.
- Follow the latest CBSE Class 10 syllabus.
4. Is NCERT sufficient for the preparation of the CBSE Class 10 Exams?
In a nutshell, the answer is yes! The vast majority of questions in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Board Exams will be based on NCERT textbooks and their topics. As a result, NCERT textbooks and NCERT Solutions are sufficient. Use NCERT Solutions For Class 10 – All Subject – Download Free PDFs | AESL. However, reference books can play an important role in helping students comprehend the subjects. For instance, using a Maths reference book will expose students to various questions to solve. Similarly, topics in Physics and Chemistry are covered in more depth in reference books than in NCERT Class 10 textbooks. Students may also need to consult a few supplemental texts in the language and Social Science sections.
5. How can I score above 90 per cent in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams?
To score good marks in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Board Exams, students must:
- Students must manage their time effectively.
- Understand the topics in the NCERT textbook thoroughly.
- Take regular short breaks to refresh the mind.
- Study two different subjects alternatively.
- Solve as many previous question papers along with the latest CBSE sample papers and mock tests.
- Eight hours of sleep is essential for students as it helps in improving memory.
- Revise each topic comprehensively.
- Do not study any new topic night before the exam and on the exam day.