In a student’s life, studying is an important part of life. Everyone has their views and experiences about what time is perfect for studying. For instance, some students like to study in the early morning or are as good as an early bird, while some are night owls and can study till late.
It takes a lot of practice to set up your own study time and make your body used to it. Now, most of the time, the question is ‘What is the perfect time to study?’ Well, it’s hard to answer! Yes, you hear it correctly! There is no precise answer to this question because the more people discuss this, the more opinions they get.
This article will help you, up to a certain limit, select your best study time. But, before this, you need to cross the most important hurdle, and that is to answer some questions to identify your choice.
The best answer to the question is when is the best time to study; it depends on your lifestyle and body function. Try to answer the given four questions to identify your preference and best suitable study time:
- When do you feel most alert during studies, in the morning or at night?
- At what time do you feel the most distractions while studying?
- What is the best time you find to study consistently?
- During what time do you feel most energetic for studying?
What Will You Choose?
Before beginning your journey to study, you need to be clear about whether the time you are going to select is rather suitable for you or are you forcing your body. It is the most important question to understand.
You need to understand your body’s pattern. Analyse this. When your mind can accept all the studies related to the information you want it to proceed with, it needs to understand. Identify your preference and the time you find yourself most focused and motivated to study.
Some more factors need to be considered while selecting the best study time for yourself.
Benefits Of Studying In The Morning
Since ancient times, people have advised students to study during the early morning hours. Although it is hard to say that daytime is the perfect time for studying for all students, daytime provides certain benefits to students studying. These benefits are as follows:
- After a good night’s sleep, your mind feels relaxed and refreshed when you wake up. You are full of energy and thus increase the concentration power of your mind.
- The natural light that daytime brings is good for your eyes and keeps you attentive.
- Morning brings a better recollection ability with itself. This ability helps you feel interested in dealing with books during this period.
- Most of the people are available in the daytime and thus makes it easy to contact them when you face any doubts or queries.
- The daytime study does not hinder your sleeping time.
- Your mind digests the knowledge more efficiently in the morning than in the nighttime.
- Morning time study does not affect your school time studies, as you are fully energised.
Benefits Of Studying In The Night
Research shows that students who prefer the nighttime have more chances to become successful people in their life. It says that nighttime is the best time for studying and helps you keep away from distractions. Like morning time study, there are certain benefits of studying during the night hours. These benefits are as follows:
- The biggest reason to select nighttime for the study is the abundance of peaceful and quiet environments.
- Night-time study boosts your focus and attention because of fewer distractions.
- Fewer numbers of vehicles noises during night hours irritate you while studying.
- Some students find themselves more energetic at night than in the morning, which lets them focus more on their studies.
- Many students feel that their minds are free to wander and grasp knowledge more efficiently during the night than in the morning because they can put their daytime pressure behind their minds.
- Some students find the nighttime more suitable for creative thinking.
- It has been proved that sleeping after studying helps you consolidate the information you have stored in your mind and lets you remember it easily.
Everyone has a unique lifestyle. Similarly, every student has a different study time when they are best at grasping concepts in a better way. However, studying regularly at a certain time makes your body used to it. Your body clock automatically starts to work accordingly. Gradually, you will become in your best frame of mind to study.
It is important to identify what is best for you, and later on, your body will start to work and let you set your study routine accordingly. In this way, you will be able to study more efficiently and effectively. You can also select the combination of both times to study. Still, it completely depends on your ability to grasp information and memorise them.
After reading this article, if you can answer the questions mentioned earlier for yourself, you will get the answer to the question ‘what time is best to study for you.’ Find out your best study time and stick to it!
1. What factors help us select the study time?
No one can give you a perfect answer to when to study. But, science provides us with the most reliable answer to let you decide for yourself by understanding the factors that help you select the study time. These factors are as follows:
1. Your everyday pattern
2. Your choice of time
3. The time when you feel most energised
4. The time when you are free
5. The time you feel more focused and motivated
6. The time when you feel less distracted
You find your brain most active
2. How can distractions help us in selecting the study time?
Distractions waste a lot of time in every student's life and throw a wrench in the works. It disturbs you and breaks your concentration. Some may not believe it, but it is a fact that distractions are ruinous for a good time to study.
It is critical to study in an uninterrupted or distraction-free environment. It would be best to choose your study time wisely and according to your preference. Select a time when you will be able to study for most of the extended hours without any distraction.
It is every person's choice when they feel comfortable studying. Some students can concentrate in a pin-drop silent environment. At the same time, some students like to study with soft background music. Remember, it is not considered a distraction.
3. How does study time affect the brain of a student?
A student’s brain is most energetic in the morning because of a good night's sleep and nutritious breakfast. These all help him in revising the previous topics and starting new ones. Morning brings more attention to it, and it helps the student recall what he has studied before. Students find it easy to create connections with more people during the daytime that help them get more information.
Some students’ minds are more processed at night time. They find nighttime more peaceful and quiet, which helps them concentrate more readily. They find it easy to integrate their previous knowledge during nighttime. Students get less distracted during the nighttime due to lesser irritating noises.
4. How can consistency be a factor in selecting our study time?
Consistency means regularity. It is an important factor that improves your quality of work. It also helps you in completing the work at the right time. If you study consistently at the same time regularly, your mind starts to function accordingly. And then slowly, your body will adapt to complete all the work at that time.
With some practice, you will be adapted to focus on your study at that time. Consistent learning environments allow you to expand academically by providing time and space to focus on the academic exams. It is also a key to achieving success in a small period.