The admission processes at Aakash may vary from one course to another course. Aakash offers Direct Admission option in all its courses and also offers admission on the basis of scholarship. The students can take admission either directly on the basis of percentage of Marks secured by them in their last school/ board exams or through the various scholarship tests offered, including the Admission Cum Scholarship Test (ACST), the Aakash National Talent Hunt Exam (ANTHE), National Eligibility & Scholarship Test (NEST) and more.
We provide scholarships for qualifying students from these tests to enroll in our programs. These tests allow students to assess their performance based on their ranking on the merit list, and many students that take these tests subsequently enroll in our courses. We offer admission to various Medical, Engineering, and Foundation courses through different programs like Classroom Program, Distance Learning Program (DLP) and Digital Learning Program.
- Each course has a predefined specific percentage admission criterion. Broadly, for admission in any course a student should fulfill the required grades or percentage (aggregate marks) in either Science & Maths in class VIII/ IX/ Class X Board/ All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB)/ Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCB) in Class XII Board/ Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination. For Example:
- Those students who have secured minimum
- 65% aggregate marks in PCB/PCM in Class XII or
- 70% aggregate marks in Science & Maths in Class X Board Exam can take direct admission in Short-term courses i.e. Crash Courses/ Test Series Courses
- Those students who have secured minimum
- 70% aggregate marks or B1 + B1 grades in Science & Maths in Class IX/ Class X Board Exam of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi/ Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) or any other recognized board can take direct admission in Two Year Integrate Course for Medical (NEET/AIIMS) or Engineering (JEE- Main & Advanced) as per their choice
- 70% aggregate marks in Science and Maths in Class X/ 70% aggregate marks in PCB/ PCM in Class XII Board Exam can take direct admission in one-year Medical/ Engineering courses.
National Eligibility & Scholarship Test (NEST)
- Aakash provides an opportunity to students of Class VIII, IX, X, XI, XII Studying & XII passed Science students to appear for National Eligibility & Scholarship Test (NEST) to showcase their potential. Those students who qualify this test are then given admission in the applied courses.
- The admission test also gives an opportunity to a student to outperform and get a scholarship in turn. A student who has qualified for our direct admission criteria, can also appear for NEST in order to avail the scholarship.
- For more details, please contact with the centre counsellors.
Documents Required for Admission:
Students are requested to attach the following documents along with duly filled application form at the time of admission.
- It is compulsory to provide properly filled-in and signed NEST application form along with FEE in case of the offline admission process.
- It is mandatory to provide correct Name, Mobile No. and Email ID with other details of the student/father/guardian in case of Online Enrollment.
- It is compulsory to attach self-attested photocopy of previous Class Mark-Sheet with 4 recent passport size Photographs for both online or Offline admission.
- Fee can be paid through Netbanking (NEFT/RTGS), Paytm, Debit/credit card.
How to get Application Form?
The Application form can be received from any of our Branches, Franchise Centres or Information Centres, or it can also be downloaded from our website: www.aakash.ac.in under Admissions section.
Process of Offline Enrollment
Step 1: Fill the Admission form carefully & paste one passport size color photograph on the allotted space.
Step 2: Signing on the Admission form is mandatory on the place specified as well as on the reverse of the form where Terms & Conditions are mentioned.
Step 3: Get it checked/ verified from concerned counsellor at the Centre
Step 4: The Counsellor will ensure that all columns are properly filled and self-attested mark-sheet, as well as three recent passport size color photographs, are attached to the form.
How to Pay FEE (Offline)?
- Pay through a Demand Draft (DD) of any Nationalized Bank: The Demand Draft is to be made in favor of Aakash Institute for Medical, Aakash IIT-JEE for Engineering and Aakash Foundations for Foundation courses.
- Pay through Swipe Card (Credit/Debit): You have to carry your Credit card/ Debit card and pay your (Student’s) Course fee at your respective Study Centre.
- Receipt: Get a computer-generated receipt which does not require signature. All receipt numbers are auto-generated and you must ensure that your receipt also bears a number on it.
Note: Applicant must write the details of his/her payment on the back side of Demand Draft viz., Student’s name, Father’s name, Course name & Phone Number.
Process of Online Registration
STEP 1: Log on to the website: www.aakash.ac.in
STEP 2: Select course by clicking on Classroom on top of the website
STEP 3: Select your STREAM, CLASS & CENTRE location
STEP 4: Click on BUY NOW. (Then it will take you to another screen of particular Course and its fee details).
STEP 5: Click on Proceed for Payment. (It will take you to another screen for Registration. If you are a new user, click on CREATE NEW ACCOUNT; if existing user, kindly put your USERNAME & PASSWORD)
STEP 6: Click on LOGIN (Fill the Online Application Form and submit as prescribed)
How to Pay FEE (Online)?
Click on Student Login Link on the home page and put your Username & Password and make payment as prescribed.
Take a printout of the Confirmation page and complete it as per the instruction given.
Please mention details of your payment viz., your Name, Father’s name, Course name, Transaction ID, Payment Date, and Online Voucher Number on the printout of the Voucher.
- The online payment may take 48 hours for processing and after the release of payment, the application would be processed.
- Candidates will be required to submit a printed copy of the application form (duly completed in all respects along with required documents) at the time of admission, failing which their candidature shall be rejected.
These factors will certainly make it easier for you to narrow down your choices and help you choose Aakash institute that will best suit your interests.
We hope this blog helps answer all your queries regarding admissions. Here’s wishing good luck to all the talented young minds who seek to make it to Aakash Institute this year!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Author: Kriti Kohli
Kriti is an active blogger with decent experience in the education industry. She researches on various topics related to education & various other competitive exams and pens down her research in the form of articles & blogs. She performs extensive research, adds several crucial information, inputs and statistics in her write-ups. When she is not writing, she loves wandering around the hills, as exploring nature excites her the most.