The National Standard Examination in Biology (NSEB) is a pivotal milestone for budding biologists, serving as a gateway to prestigious competitions and opportunities in the field. Understanding the intricacies of the NSEB exam is key to performing well and advancing further in the realm of biology. In this blog, we will conduct a thorough analysis of the NSEB exam, offering insights and strategies to help you navigate this challenging terrain.
To pinpoint academic excellence in the field of biology, the National Standard Examination in Biology (NSE-B) for the year 2023 was carried out on November 26th, 2023, under the auspices of the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) across multiple centers nationwide. The NSEB serves the purpose of nurturing a scholarly disposition in students, affording them an equitable opportunity to refine their analytical abilities. Additionally, it serves as a foundation for continued academic advancement in biology and facilitates appropriate acknowledgment of their achievements.
NSEB (National Standard Examination in Biology) Highlights
|Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE)
Association of Teachers in Biological Services (ATBS)
Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT)
|To put student’s scientific knowledge and reasoning skills to test and increase the rate of progress is the Science field by nurturing future scientists.
|Students lower than grade 12
|Once a year
|Mode of Exam and Application
NSEB Important Dates 2023-24
|NSEB 2023-24 exam
|NSEB 2023-24 result
NSEB Paper Analysis
- The NSEB paper is of moderate to difficult level, with the majority of the questions in the analytical domain. Some of the questions were direct and could be solved by reading NCERT itself but nearly 30% of the questions were application and interpretation-based.
- The options for a few questions were very close and confusing in both sections A1 and A2.
- Dominating chapters/units were – Human physiology and plant physiology followed by units of genetics, cell structure and function, and Animal kingdom.
- Both sections show a predominance of the questions of plant physiology. Section A2 is quite balanced in terms of question distribution from the units of physiology, cell, and ecology.
- Section A2 was devoid of questions from genetics.
- There is a controversial question as well with three correct answers.
- Rest all of the questions are evident and without any ambiguity.
By following this comprehensive guide to NSEB paper analysis, aspiring biologists can enhance their chances of success and unlock doors to exciting opportunities in the field of biology. Good luck on your NSEB journey!
For detailed Answer Key & Solutions of NSEB 2023, visit: https://www.aakash.ac.in/answers-solutions/nse-national-standard-examination?utm_source=HomepageBanner&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=NSE2023