Every aspirant who dreams of joining the medical field in the future has to clear a national-level entrance exam NEET 2022, conducted by NTA. Many candidates have cleared or some are toppers of NEET or AIIMS exams for MBBS.
But, when others asked them about their experience, the study materials they used, and what tips they followed, especially about the books they used to prepare for the NEET exam, they referred to NCERT books of Class 11 and Class 12 to other aspirants. It is undeniable that the NCERT books are the best for NEET 2022 preparations. But, there are some disadvantages of using only NCERT for NEET 2022 preparations, and students need to approach other books for more assurance.
This article is for all those aspirants who are looking for the best books for NEET 2022 preparations.
|Table of Contents|
|What Are The Best Books For NEET 2022?|
|Best Books For Physics Preparations For NEET-UG 2022|
|Best Books For Chemistry Preparations For NEET-UG 2022|
|Best Books For Biology Preparations For NEET-UG 2022|
|Importance Of The Best Books For NEET 2022 Preparations|
|Some Effective Tips Of Using NEET Best Books For Preparations|
What Are The Best Books For NEET 2022?
NTA has announced July 17, 2022, for NEET-UG 2022 exam. At this juncture, the most frequently asked question by aspirants going to attempt NEET 2022 is ‘What are the best books for NEET preparations?’
It is the most crucial part before preparing for any exam to know about the best study materials. Here are the subject-wise lists of the best books for NEET 2022 preparations:
Best Books For Physics Preparations For NEET-UG 2022
Physics is the most tricky and typical subject to be cracked by aspirants. This subject asks for the most extensive knowledge of concepts and topics. Students need to command numerical parts too in Physics.
Therefore, it is necessary to select books that provide them with many exercises to work on problem-solving skills. Here is the list of best Physics books for NEET 2022 preparations:
|Concept of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|Physics for NEET||C.P. Singh|
|NCERT Physics||Anil Aggarwal|
|Objective Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|40 days Physics for NEET||S.B. Tripathi|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick, & Walker|
Problems and Solutions of Physics by Shashi Bhushan Tiwari is also one of the best books covering the whole NEET Physics Syllabus. This section contains 25% weightage and comprises 50 questions which carry a maximum of 180 marks.
Best Books For Chemistry Preparations For NEET-UG 2022
Like the Physics section, the Chemistry section is also composed of 50 questions which carry a maximum of 180 marks, with a weightage of 25% in the NEET 2022 exam. But, this section is much less tricky than Physics.
The aspirants will face three sections in Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. Here is the list of best Chemistry books for NEET 2022 preparations:
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison & Boyd|
|Physical Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|40 Days Chemistry for NEET||Sudhanshu Thakur|
|Objective Chemistry||R.K. Gupta|
|Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
|Organic Chemistry||Himanshu Pandey|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Satya Prakash|
|Bull’s Eye Chemistry NEET Edition 2020||Seema Saini & K.S. Saini|
The above-given books contain the complete NEET Chemistry Syllabus. Students can also use practice books by V.K. Jaiswal (Inorganic), M.S. Chauhan (Organic), and N. Awasthi (Physical) for revision purposes. These books also help them command problem-solving, speed, and accuracy skills.
Best Books For Biology Preparations For NEET-UG 2022
This section has the highest weightage of 50%, according to the NEET 2022 Exam Pattern. It makes it the most scoring section. No doubt, the first book for the Biology section in the list of best books for the NEET exam will be NCERT Class XI and XII Biology books. They help with clearing the basics of the aspirants and will also help them understand how to go about it.
But, for an excellent outcome, there is a need to refer to some other books. Here is the list of best Chemistry books for NEET 2022 preparations:
|Exploring Biology||Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee|
|Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET||M.P. Tyagi|
|40 Days Biology for NEET||S. Chakravarty|
|Together with Biology||S. Venugopal|
|Medical Entrances Biology||Mamta R. Solanki & Lalita Ghotik|
|Objective Biology||K.N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia|
|Moderns ABC of Biology||B.B. Arora, A.K. Sabharwal|
The Biology section of NEET comprises 100 questions which carry a maximum of 360 marks. Both Botany and Zoology will be included under this section in NEET 2022. Students can select any book from the above list for the medical entrance exam preparations. These books also cover the whole NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus.
Importance Of The Best Books For NEET 2022 Preparations
Because the NEET exam is India’s one the toughest national-level exams, aspirants must prepare significantly for it. This shows the importance of these books mentioned above. Some other reasons that make them important are-
- The NCERT only helps candidates with improving conceptual knowledge. But, aspirants face a great challenge while solving NEET’s previous year’s question paper. In such cases, NEET’s best books help them.
- In the NEET exam, aspirants have to solve MCQs, and NEET’s best books are helpful with these preparations.
- Students can strengthen their NCERT concepts with the help of these best books.
- The NEET best books provide exposure to various types of questions modules for practising, which helps aspirants improve their problem-solving skills.
- The NEET best books help students resolve their speed with accuracy problems.
- These books are the choice of many toppers and experts, and they highly recommend them.
Some Effective Tips For Using NEET Best Books For Preparations
Here are some tips that can help candidates to understand how can they use the best NEET preparation books:
- Students can start their preparations with NCERT books for better fundamental base preparation and then move towards other books.
- Read NCERT books line by line and do not leave any single word from it. Then, they can move towards the best books and follow the same pattern.
- Do not use the selective study method for NEET preparations. Read and prepare one complete topic thoroughly before moving toward the second topic.
- Practice as many problems as possible. This helps students in learning problem-solving skills.
- Try to solve as many sample papers and mock papers as possible. This ultimately leads to learning time-management and accuracy with speed skills.
The books mentioned in the above lists are the best ones to help aspirants with their conceptual knowledge covering the NEET 2022 Syllabus. And also, there are different types of questions for practising for candidates.
We hope that this article may prove useful for students and advise them to avoid using multiple books to prepare for any competitive exam. It only uses a lot of the cognitive load of the memory and wastes your precious time. It is better to stay with the books which are best with quality, as NEET preparations demand quality than quantity.
We want to suggest the NCERT books for improving fundamental and conceptual knowledge. And for practice purposes, candidates can use practice books.
1. What are the preparation tips that I should follow to prepare for the NEET 2022 exam?
You can follow the below steps for preparing NEET 2022 exam:
- Prepare a schedule chart and follow it strictly.
- Use NCERT books for clearing your fundamental base.
- Make notes and mention important points in it and revise them daily.
- Use a quiet and positive corner of your home to set your study table there.
- Focus on self-study instead of running after any institute at this juncture.
- Solve sample papers, previous years, papers, and mock papers regularly and in NTA instructed duration.
- Do not neglect your health during all this time. Eat healthy food items and take proper sleep.
2. Is preparing from NCERT books sufficient for the medical entrance exams?
Although NCERT books are considered the best source for NEET preparations, it is not recommended to depend on only NCERT books. With the advantages, there are also some disadvantages to using NCERT books at this limited time.
- NCERT books are lacking with practice exercises. Practice and revision are a must for any national-level exam, and NCERT books have a limited number of preliminary questions.
- NCERT books only help you with concepts and fundamental bases. But, you will not be able to prepare MCQ-based questions as per the NEET exam level.
- Although NCERT mentions all terms one should know for the NEET exam, some terms lack an explanation. And this results in not understanding the topics and terms related clearly.
3. What are the best five books for Chemistry preparations for NEET 2022 exam?
The best five Chemistry books that can be proved helpful for you are-
- Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Organic Chemistry by Himanshu Pandey
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- NCERT Chemistry books for Class 11 and Class 12
- Objective Chemistry (Set of 3 Vols) (S. Dinesh & Co. Publications)
You can use practice papers, the latest NEET Mock papers 2022, and previous years’ papers for NEET Chemistry preparations.
4. Which books are the best for medical examination preparation?
The medical exam paper contains three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. You need to select books subject-wise for it.
- Best books for Physics:
- Concepts of Physics (H.C. Verma)
- NCERT Physics
- Objective Physics (D.C. Pandey)
- Best books for Chemistry:
- NCERT Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry (O.P. Tandon)
- Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry for NEET/AIIMS (M.S. Chauhan)
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry
- Best books for Biology:
- NCERT Biology
- Trueman’s Objective Biology
- Complete NEET Guide: Biology (MTG Editorial)
- Biology (Pradeep Publications)
5. What are the best books for NEET 2022 Physics preparations?
The best books for the Physics section’s preparations for NEET 2022 exam are-
- NCERT Physics for Class 11 and Class 12
- Concept of Physics by H.C, Verma
- Physics for NEET by C.P. Singh
- Objective Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
These are the best five books. You can use previous years’ papers, sample papers, and NEET Mock papers 2022 for thorough practice and revision.
6. What are the best books for Biology for NEET preparations?
The best books for NEET 2022 preparations are-
- NCERT Biology for Class 11 and Class 12
- Medical Entrances Biology (Vol 1, 2 & 3) by Mamta R. Solanki & Lalita Ghotik
- Biology by Trueman (Volume 1 and 2)
- 40 Days Biology for NEET by S. Chakravarty
- Objective Biology (Vol 1, 2 & 3) by K. N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia (Dinesh Publications)
Apart from these books, you can use NCERT Exemplars and NCERT Solutions. And solve NEET Mock Tests, previous years’ papers, and sample papers as many as possible.
Leave a Reply