hile preparing for JEE Main and Advanced, you often tend to make some silly mistakes that could affect your scores and rank. Here are some common mistakes that students make, which can be avoided easily with some guidance and help.
1) Not taking enough tests: If you spend all of your time just learning and solving exercises, it won’t give you enough practice. The trick to achieving excellent result is by taking regular practice tests and timing yourself. You will find some challenging practice test series for JEE online which can help boost your preparation.
2) Ignoring class XI syllabus: Class XI syllabus forms a foundation for what you learn in class XII. Therefore, equal amount of importance should be given to the syllabus of both the classes. A thorough revision of class XI concepts will be of great use for JEE preparation.
3) Referring to several publications for preparing: While preparing for JEE, students end up buying a lot of different books that they never use. You should prepare majorly from your NCERT books. You can also have a study group among friends and share books and
4) Avoiding difficult questions: Most of you skip the difficult questions you come across while solving practice tests and previous year’s question papers. Instead of skipping or avoiding these questions, you should take help from subject experts and practice these until you master them.
5) Staying up all night before the exam: The worst mistake that students make under pressure is that they stay up all night before the exam, revising! There is nothing extra that you can do in one night. Take this night to relax, eat well and sleep early so you wake up fresh. Staying up all night will only make you tired and sleepy while you’re taking the exam and you will lose concentration.
6) Having doubts about your preparation: At the last minute, there is no point in cribbing about what all you could have done. Be confident about whatever you have studied and about your preparation. Doubting yourself will only confuse you and will be discouraging which can ultimately hamper your concentration while taking the exam.
7) Skipping long questions: During the exam, students skip long questions and come back to these after completing the entire paper. You shouldn’t get scared of too many words in the questions which makes them look long. Such questions are usually easy. You just need to have patience, read them slowly and understand them.
8) Spending extra time on easy questions: After preparing for JEE for months together, you have an idea of the subject and chapters you excel in. Students spend extra time on such questions instead of devoting the same time on the difficult questions. This mistake should definitely be ignored. Here are some tips on how best you can manage time while preparing for JEE.
9) Marking on ORS sheet in the last half an hour: Another silly mistake that students make in JEE is marking the answers on the ORS sheet in the last half an hour. Answers should be marked side by side while attempting questions. Marking on ORS sheet in the end increases the possibility of ticking the wrong answers.
10) Discussing questions in between papers: Discussing questions with peers in the gap between papers has proven to be a commonly made mistake. It either makes you over confident or completely shakes-up your confidence. Refrain from talking about the answers in the time gap. Instead, use that time to revise important parts of the syllabus of the upcoming exam with your friends.
Avoid these silly mistakes and you will surely excel in JEE. You definitely will achieve the best results if you put in great efforts. We wish you ALL THE BEST!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.