VITEEE Entrance Exam
About VITEEE | Important Dates | Eligibility Criteria | Pattern of the Examination | Admission Procedure | Number of Seats
- VIT conducts entrance test for admission into the B. Tech (Bachelor of Technology) program offered in its affiliated institute/colleges.
- Maximum age limit is 22 years. Aggregate of 60% in Phy, Che, Maths/ Bio in +2/ Intermediate.
- VIT conducts Computer based Exam between: 9th April and 20th April (English Medium).
- All the questions will be mostly from the State Board of HSE and the CBSE syllabus.
VIT University, established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, was founded in 1984 as a self-financing Institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA.
|1.||Last Date for Issue & Receipt of Application Forms - 28th Feb 2014|
|2.||VIT Eng. Entrance Exam Date (CBT) - 9th to 20th April, 2014|
|3.||Declaration of VITEEE Result - 28th April, 2014|
Please refer slot booking for further details in www.vit.ac.in from March '2014 onwards.
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in VITEEE 2014
|1.||Nationality-The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National|
|2.||Age Limit-Candidates, whose dates of birth fall on or after 1st July 1992 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2014. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate /Birth proof certificate will be considered authentic.|
Qualifying Examination- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2014 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2014, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
Candidates, who have studied in regular, full time and formal education, are alone eligible to apply.
|Parts||Subjects / Type||
|I||Physics||01-40 = 40||1 x 40 = 40||NO||
2 ½ hrs.
|II||Chemistry||41-80 = 40||1 x 40 = 40||NO|
|III||Maths / Biology||81-120 = 40||1 x 40 = 40||NO|
|MCQs with equal weightage to PCM/B||Total -120||MM-120|
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all the 14 B.Tech. programmes.
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
- The selection of pattern (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics or Biology) has to be decided at the time of slot booking (March, 2014).
Issue of Application Forms – Online
Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the following mode:
- Net banking / Credit card/ Debit card.
- DD mode (online applicants need to pay Rs. 925/- only).
It is mandatory that the online applicants should send the hard copy of the application form to the University addressed to the “Director-UG Admissions”, VIT University, Vellore-632014.Issue of Application Forms – OMR
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B. Tech. programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of Rs. 975/- from the various post offices as given in the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in.
Candidates can obtain the application form in person from the
- VIT University, Vellore Campus
- VIT University, Chennai Campus
- Chennai Administrative Office,
New No. 6, (Old No. W-73), Second Street (Opposite Towers Club), Anna Nagar, Chennai – 600 040 (Phone:044-42016555, 65480555, Fax: 044-26222555), by handing over a Demand Draft for Rs. 975/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
Reservation is open for every state (Based on VITEEE score and in (10 + 2) with 60% for general category and 50% in (10+2) for SC/ST/PH.
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2168, 220 2157
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411
Website URL: www.vit.ac.in
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites. The document is shared for the students’ community in the larger public interest, which should be used for reference only. The Schedule, Eligibility, Pattern and Admission Process etc. of exam may change from time to time. Please visit the respective websites that authenticate the information to check for any such changes taking place. On receiving latest information from the authentic sources, we will keep updating. Please keep on visiting at www.aakash.ac.in for relevant and updated information.