Prepare @ Aakash for MGIMS-Wardha
About MGIMS-Wardha | Important Dates | Eligibility Criteria | Exam Structure | Application Procedure | Number of Seats
- The MGIMS, Sevagram is India’s first rural medical college.
- The candidates shall be selected as per their merit in the Entrance Exam conducted by MGIMS to be held on 20th April, 2014 at Nagpur, Delhi, Hyderabad Mumbai, Varanasi and Kolkata.
- The candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in each subject in first attempt.
- The candidate must have obtained minimum 50 % (40% for SC/ST/OBC) marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences was founded by Dr Sushila Nayar in 1969. The institute is attached to Kasturba Hospital, which has the distinction of being the only hospital in the country which was started by Mahatma Gandhi. Today it boasts of having groomed more than 2000 doctors. MGIMS also working strongly with its alcohol and drug de-addiction centre, which is now in its 81 year. As many as 50,000 families around Sevagram have availed this facility. From a mere 15 bedded hospital to its 680 beds and a hospital with state of the art facilities, MGIMS has created its own history.
|1.||Availability of Prospectus & Form: 20th December to 8th March, 2014|
|2.||Last date of receipt of filled up application with Entrance Exam fee: 20th March, 2014|
|3.||Date of MGIMS Entrance Exam: 20th April, 2014|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in MGIMS-Wardha 2014
|1.||The candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.|
|2.||The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or equivalent examination of any recognised Board or any Indian University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in each subject in first attempt.|
|3.||The candidate must have obtained minimum 50 % marks (40 % for SC/ ST/ VJ/ NT/ OBC) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.|
|4.||Those students who are going to appear in 10+2 Higher Secondary Board Examination in March / April 2014 are also eligible to appear in the competitive Entrance Examination.|
Note: The admission is subject to any direction given by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, Hon'ble Bombay High Court, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and the Medical Council of India.
The Entrance Examination shall consist of two papers viz., Paper-1 & Paper-2. The Paper-1 of physics, chemistry and biology will have multiple choice questions. Each correct answer will be given one mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. Duration of paper is 3 hrs. The Gandhian thoughts will be of long and short answer type questions. The Gandhian thoughts shall carry 60 marks and of 3 hours duration. The paper may be answered either in English or Hindi. The 32 pages answer sheet will be provided for writing the answers.
|Paper||Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
|1||Physics||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO||
|Chemistry||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|Biology||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|2||Gandhian Thoughts||As per Paper||60||NO||3 Hrs.|
|MCQs & Essay Type||Total – 180+1||MM – 180+60|
The Prospectus and Application Form with syllabus, question papers of Gandhian thought for the last 6 years, with model question papers of Physics Chemistry and Biology can be had from the office of the Dean either by :
- Paying the exam fee personally at the cash counter of Dean’s Office.
- Or by remitting the exam fee at any branch of State Bank of India by Challan (which can be downloaded from the Institute website www.mgims.ac.in).
- The Challan form is in three copies and the candidate has to send one original paid copy of the challan form to the “Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, 442102” by speed post. The cost of application form is same for all the candidates.
NOTE: The fee structure in MGIMS is as applicable to the Govt. Medical Colleges in Maharashtra State. The Institute does not have any paid seats.
- The candidates should obtain at least 40% marks in paper II (Gandhian Thought) of the competitive Entrance Examination to be eligible for consideration in merit.
- Books prescribed for Gandhian thoughts are to be followed to write the second paper.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation of answer sheets.
- Total seats available for admission are 100.
- The permission for admitting 100 students has been given by Medical Council of India vide their letter no. - MCI-NO.37 (1-47) (UG)/2013-Med/15143 dated 20/06/13 for academic year 2013-2014.
- The admissions on the increased seats for the year 2014-15 are subject to the renewal of permission from Medical Council of India.
- Distribution of seats available for various categories (Link of Distribution)
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Maharashtra - 442012 India
Tel: 91-7152-284341 to 55 (15 lines )
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites. The document is shared for the students’ community in the larger public interest, which should be used for reference only. The Schedule, Eligibility, Pattern and Admission Process etc. of exam may change from time to time. Please visit the respective websites that authenticate the information to check for any such changes taking place. On receiving latest information from the authentic sources, we will keep updating. Please keep on visiting at www.aakash.ac.in for relevant and updated information.