- The MGIMS, Sevagram is India’s first rural medical college.
- Age should be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in each subject in first attempt.
- The candidate must have obtained minimum 50 % (40% for SC/ST/OBC) marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences was founded by Dr Sushila Nayar in 1969. The institute is attached to Kasturba Hospital, which has the distinction of being the only hospital in the country which was started by Mahatma Gandhi. Today it boasts of having groomed more than 2000 doctors. MGIMS also working strongly with its alcohol and drug de-addiction centre, which is now in its 81 year. As many as 50,000 families around Sevagram have availed this facility. From a mere 15 bedded hospital to its 680 beds and a hospital with state-of-the-art facilities, MGIMS has created its own history.
|1.||The Prospectus & Form will be available from 21st December, 2015 to 4th March, 2016.|
|2.||The last date of receipt of filled up application is 18th March, 2016.|
|3.||Entrance Examination to be held on 17th April 2016 (Sunday).Eligibility Criteria|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in MGIMS-Wardha 2016
|1.||Age: The candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.|
|2.||Academic Qualification: The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or equivalent examination of any recognized Board or any Indian University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in each subject in first attempt.|
|3.||Minimum Percentage: The candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks (40% in the case of SC/ ST/ VJ/ NT/ OBC) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.|
|4.||Those students who are going to appear in 10+2 Higher Secondary Board Examination in March / April 2016 are also eligible to appear in the competitive Entrance Examination..|
Note: The admission is subject to any direction given by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, Hon'ble Bombay High Court, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and the Medical Council of India.
- The Entrance Examination shall consist of two papers viz., Paper-1 & Paper-2.
- The paper-1 of physics, chemistry and biology will have multiple choice questions shall carry total 180 marks (60 marks for each subject). Duration of paper is3 hrs.Each correct answer will be given one mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The paper-2 based on Gandhian thought will be of long and short answer type questions shall carry 60 marks. Duration of paper is 3 hours. The paper may be answered either in English or Hindi. The answer sheet will be provided for writing the answers.
|Paper||Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
|1||Physics||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO||
|Chemistry||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|Biology||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|2||Gandhian Thoughts||As per Paper||60||NO||3 Hrs.|
|MCQs & Essay Type||Total – 180+1||MM – 180+60|
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Maharashtra - 442012 India
Tel: 91-7152-284341 to 55 (15 lines )
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites. The document is shared for the students’ community in the larger public interest, which should be used for reference only. The Schedule, Eligibility, Pattern and Admission Process etc. of exam may change from time to time. Please visit the respective websites that authenticate the information to check for any such changes taking place. On receiving latest information from the authentic sources, we will keep updating. Please keep on visiting at www.aakash.ac.in for relevant and updated information.