Manipal (MIT) Engineering Entrance Exam
- In 2000, the college became a constituent institute of the deemed university - Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is today known as Manipal University. In 1974, it renamed as Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) from Manipal Engineering College (MEC).
- Minimum age limit is 17 years. Candidate should pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Phy, Math and English as compulsory subjects along with Che or Bio or Biotech as optional subjects and a minimum of 50% marks.
- MU-Online Entrance Test: 14th April to 15th May
- Candidates must visit www.admissions.manipal.edu regularly to obtain latest news, information and updates on online entrance test.
The Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, a constituent institute of Manipal University, is rated among the top five private engineering colleges in India. Established in 1957, MIT is one of the first self-financing engineering colleges in the country. The institute which celebrated its Golden Jubilee in the year 2007 attracts a diverse student community from all over IndiaOver 28,000 students from all over the world purse undergraduate and post graduate programs in diverse subjects at MU 600 acre campus.
|1.||Last Date to Apply:11th March 2014|
Online Entrance Exam Booking Dates:21st Mar 2014 to 28th Mar 2014
|3.||Entrance Test Date:14th Apr 2014 to 15th May 2014|
|4.||Result of Entrance Test: 24th May 2014|
Candidate must be Indian nationals. He/ She should have passed (10+2), A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology as optional subjects and a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
The distribution of questions & marks is as follows:
|Course||Subjects/ Type||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking||Duration|
|B. Tech||Physics||1-50=50||1 x 50 = 50||NO||
|Chemistry||51-100=50||1 x 50 = 50||NO|
|Mathematics||101-170=70||1 x 70 = 70||NO|
|English & Gen. Aptitude||171-200=30||1 x 30 = 30||NO|
|Objective Type Questions with equal weightage||Total - 200||MM-200|
Admissions are done on the basis of rank in the All India Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) - 2014.
Online Test Booking Schedule: Candidates are required to book their slots in www.manipalotbs.com as per the schedule given below. Please note that the online test booking system will allow the candidate to book a slot only in the time frame given below.
Course Fees-Payment can be done through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or Demand Draft. The course fees and registration fees should be paid by a single demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Manipal University’. The demand draft must be payable at Manipal or Udupi. Demand drafts must be crossed and Payees A/C only.
(i) State Bank of India (ii) Syndicate Bank
How to Apply?
Student can select any one of the following options suited to his/her convenience.Purchase the application forms from selected branches of the Syndicate Bank and SBI.
Write to Manipal University at the following address to request for application form.
The application material can be purchased from Manipal University Admissions Office, by writing to the following address, by enclosing a request along with a Demand Draft drawn in the name of Manipal University made payable at Manipal or Udupi.
Note: Candidates are required to send the FORM + DD/ Challan drawn on “Manipal University” payable at Manipal or Udupi.
- The number of examination days will be estimated based on the total number of applications received for the particular group of courses and test centre choices given by the candidates in the application.
- In the rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to attempt for the test again.
Reservation of Seats: Open for all states on the basis of Manipal University OET score.
Manipal – 576 104
Tel: 0 9243777700
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites. The document is shared for the students’ community in the larger public interest, which should be used for reference only. The Schedule, Eligibility, Pattern and Admission Process etc. of exam may change from time to time. Please visit the respective websites that authenticate the information to check for any such changes taking place. On receiving latest information from the authentic sources, we will keep updating. Please keep on visiting at www.aakash.ac.in for relevant and updated information.