AIIMS Entrance Exam
About AIIMS | Important Dates | Eligibility Criteria | Exam Structure | Application Procedure | Number of Seats
- AIIMS is one of the most prestigious institutions in India. AIIMS Exam is held for the admission of students to the MBBS/BDS course offered by the institution.
- From August 2013, Six New AIIMS viz: Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhubaneswar has been opened in respective States.
- Age must be 17 years at the time of Entrance exam.
- 60% marks for Gen. and 50% marks for SC/ST category in the subject of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.
- Candidates should not bring cell phone, pager, calculator or any kind of electronic gadgets etc. to the examination hall. Do not submit any document - original or photocopy - with the application.
The dreams of Jawaharlal Nehru and Amrit Kaur and the recommendations of the Bhore Committee converged to create a proposal which found favor with a generous grant from New Zealand under the Colombo Plan made it possible to lay the foundation stone of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in 1952. The AIIMS was finally created in 1956, as an autonomous institution through an Act of Parliament. The institute aims at providing high standard of medical education and is an institution of national importance. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences shall last for a minimum of 5½ academic years including one year's compulsory internship.
|1.||Last date for Online Registration of Applications on AIIMS website: Last week of March|
Status of Applications and date of hosting / uploading the Admit Cards: Mid of May
Date of Entrance Examination: 1st June
|4.||Expected date of declaration of Result: 1st July|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in AIIMS 2014
|1.||Nationality: He/ She should be a Citizen of India.|
|2.||Age: The candidate should have attained the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st December of the year of admission and above.|
|3.||Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 12th Class examination under 10+2 Scheme or an equivalent examination of a recognized Board with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.|
|4.||Subjects (aggregate): Candidates who have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in 4 subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY are eligible for AIIMS test. For SC/ST candidates 50% marks in aggregate.|
The distribution of questions and marks is as follows:
Subjects / Types
No. of Questions
|Physics||1 – 60 = 60||1 x 60 = 60||1/3||
(10:00 AM-01:30 PM)
|Chemistry||61 – 120 = 60||1 x 60 = 60||1/3|
|Biology||121 – 180 = 60||1 x 60 = 60||1/3|
|G. K.||181 – 200 = 20||1 x 20 = 20||1/3|
|Multiple choice and reason-assertion type questions||Total – 200||MM – 200|
Note: The Examination will be of 3½ hours duration and will have one paper consisting of 200 objective type multiple choice questions. Each correct response will get a score of (1) one mark and each incorrect response will get a score of -1/3 (minus-one-third) Negative. Candidates should NOT bring pen/pencil to the Examination Hall as the same will be provided by AIIMS at the examination centre for writing/marking responses on (OMR) answer sheet.
(Online and off line mode subject to availability of candidates in a particular centre.)
How to obtain Prospectus-cum-Application Form?
Through On-line: A candidate can submit application online through website: www.aiimsexams.org. The candidate can pay fee through challan in any branch of SBI. The candidates are required to bring AIIMS copy of challan form at the time of Entrance Exam along with admit card and handover the same to the Invigilator failing which they will not be allowed to enter.
- The Prospectus-cum-Application Form can also be obtained by Speed post/Registered post by sending a crossed Bank Draft drawn in favour of the “ACCOUNTS OFFICER (Exams), AIIMS-MBBS-2014”. The Bank Draft should be payable at New Delhi. Envelope containing Bank Draft should write “REQUEST FOR APPLICATION FROM FOR MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION”.
- The Prospectus is available on AIIMS website: www.aiimsexams.org and must be read carefully by the applicants before applying.
Six New AIIMS such as Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhubaneswar have been started with an intake of 100 students each except AIIMS, New Delhi.
|The reservation policy will be followed|
For Indian Nationals, 3% reservation for Orthopedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available.
Overall 672 seats are available in all AIIMS in India.
For enquiries relating to Entrance Examination please contact:
Assistant Controller (Exams)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi -110608
Tel: 26589900, 26588500 Extn. 6421, 4499, 6422
Fax: 011 2658 8789
Website: http://www.aiims.edu/ www.aiims.ac.in
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites. The document is shared for the students’ community in the larger public interest, which should be used for reference only. The Schedule, Eligibility, Pattern and Admission Process etc. of exam may change from time to time. Please visit the respective websites that authenticate the information to check for any such changes taking place. On receiving latest information from the authentic sources, we will keep updating. Please keep on visiting at www.aakash.ac.in for relevant and updated information.